Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I use my iPhone 4 once my service contract with Rogers is up?

What do I need to do to unlock my iphone from Rogers and switch to Koodo?

17 replies

Userlevel 6
You'll have to contact Rogers to unlock the device if you want to use it on Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Also once the phone would be unlocked you can bring the phone to Koodo and you can receive a 10% discount off your monthly plan (you can choose any plan and receive it) which is a nice added touch 🙂
Userlevel 7
Also if you're wanting to become a new koodo customer, you can get your phone unlocked from koodo for $35. That way you can make the switch in one place. Also remember if you want to port your number over you have to keep your rogers account active. Once the number has been ported your rogers account will close automatically.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Kim wrote:

Also if you're wanting to become a new koodo customer, you can get your phone unlocked from koodo...

Yes. Koodo will unlock your phone, but excluding iPhones 😉
Userlevel 7
Daniel Kim wrote:

Also if you're wanting to become a new koodo customer, you can get your phone unlocked from koodo...

oh, my bad. Thanks for the heads up Mayumi! 😃
Daniel Kim wrote:

i need to unlock my iphone 4 from koodo to rogers, what do i have to do?
Userlevel 7
Daniel Kim wrote:

Call Koodo at *611 from your Koodo phone. They will charge you $35 and will unlock your phone for you as long as either your phone is paid off OR you account is at least 90 days old and in good standing
Daniel Kim wrote:

My daughter was given a used unlocked iPhone 4. Can i activate this phone with koodo? Do i just need to get a prepaid sim card?
Userlevel 7
Daniel Kim wrote:

Thats correct. You just need to purchase a prepaid sim card. For the iphone 4, you need a prepaid Micro sim card.
Thanks, all. So what I'm understanding from here is that Koodo will unlock my phone UNLESS it is an iPhone, even though I'm no longer under contract with Rogers. If I want to continue to use it and switch to Koodo for my service, can I get my phone unlocked from Rogers by Rogers? Do you know the answer to that? I've looked on Rogers forums about this and I'm not getting a clear answer.
Userlevel 7
Rogers will unlock it for $50 (cheaper than anywhere online) as long as you still have an account with them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rogers can unlock you iPhone. Is this what you were looking for : http://www.rogers.com/web/support/wireless/unlock-device/959?setLanguage=en
Thanks!
You have to unlock your Rogers iPhone 4 to use it with Koodo . So, ask your provider to give unlocking service to switch carrier . If they refuse to give, you can approach any of the third-party online service providers like http://www.theunlockarena.com/apple-iphone-4/rs13wp9/ to unlock it by using Remote unlocking service .
no, i want to unlock my Iphone 4 ,from koodo to rogers, can anyone help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Di Tran wrote:

no, i want to unlock my Iphone 4 ,from koodo to rogers, can anyone help.

Ahmad answered you comment above.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Too many <=>cross questions being asked at once. We are a Koodo user group and don't write the rules and regulations for anyone. If you need garden-variety stuff like stuffing your current supplier and moving somewhere else, we are not the place the "get the best deal". Just sharing our experiences and work-rounds, on occasion. Contact your suppliers. They have folks who actually get paid to tell you how to toe the line. Number 1: setttle up the previous company and get the phone unlocked according to their policies. Number 2A: you now have an UNLOCKED phone in your possession so double-check to make sure you get what you want before hitching up again.