Koodo Community

Community

Question

can i upgrade my samsung galaxy A5 to iphone 7 anytime?

can i upgrade my phone samsung galaxy A5 to iphone 7 even though it is just 2 months when i plan it?i will just pay the tab remaining of my A5.

14 replies

Userlevel 6
As far as I know, that shouldn't be a problem.
why when i upgrade online it says i cannot upgrade i should go to the store.what must be the reason?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gclaire Demeterio wrote:

why when i upgrade online it says i cannot upgrade i should go to the store.what must be the reas...

If you received certain bonuses at signup, you may have to wait 3 months or pay back the bonus. This may be the issue you are having.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gclaire Demeterio wrote:

why when i upgrade online it says i cannot upgrade i should go to the store.what must be the reas...

I believe when you go to pay off your tab it doesnt actually clear until you pay it on your next bill so if you are trying to get a new phone on the tab but havent officially paid off your old one you might have a problem.
Gclaire Demeterio wrote:

What if i will pay my tab balance right away i can upgrade?
Gclaire Demeterio wrote:

What do you mean sign up bonuses?give me an example.
Gclaire Demeterio wrote:

Can i just pay the bonus?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gclaire Demeterio wrote:

A sign up bonus is for example a.gift card you have received for joining Koodo. And yes you can pay it, but why would you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gclaire Demeterio wrote:

It clears immediately for a new tab and the rest to the balance for your next bill. Sign up bonuses such as getting 100 dollar bonus for new activations. Those might make you wait 90 days until you can upgrade. You could also send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or do via Twitter to find out why exactly it won't let you.
Userlevel 7
Gclaire Demeterio wrote:

You cannot pay off your tab until 90 days after inception.
Userlevel 6
Gclaire Demeterio wrote:

Note true. I paid mine off just over one month in. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gclaire Demeterio wrote:

You need to be a Koodo customer for at least 90 days, not have the phone for at least 90 days. At least that is what the website states.
Userlevel 7
Gclaire Demeterio wrote:

Hmm that's not those in understood it but OK
Userlevel 6
YMMV, but to my knowledge no carrier will automatically process and allow an early upgrade within 90 days of the most recent phone activation (either new activation or upgrade). If you're at a retail store, the rep may have to call carrier services to unblock the early upgrade. If you would like to do an early upgrade via webstore, call customer service (or contact via facebook or twitter). With customer service, a level 2 rep can deplete the tab balance and apply it as an account charge manually in order to enable the early upgrade. As per the wireless code, you can buy-out your device anytime by paying off the remaining subsidy (tab) balance.
The only possible exception to this is if you're trying to upgrade more than once within a given billing cycle. You could port out and then come back for a new activation within the same billing cycle, but you'd lose any grandfathered plan or personalized offers, and Koodo could charge you back on any activation incentives.