Koodo Community

Community

Can I switch phones?

I purchased a Samsung J3 from Superstore Regina.  Firstly, I was let to believe my monthly charges would be $28 per month.  Today I got a heads up from Koodo saying I owe $98.00 by March 5th.  Can someone explain the difference?  Also, I HATE, HATE this phone.  Could I downsize it to a basic flip phone that I am use to .  I don't need all the fancy apps, etc.  Thanks for your advice.  Margaret

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well you'd have your first bill pro-rated, which is your first partial Bill and full month combined. However, that sounds a little high for there not to be overages unless your first partial month is close to a full month and tab. What does page 3 of your bill say? I never was a fan of lower end samsung phones. If you've had it for more than 15 days then you cannot return the phone. You'd have to sell it to recover most of the cost and get a phone you prefer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There has to be some sort of overage charge. A full two months with a $10 tab come out to $79.80. Like Goran said check page 3 of your e-bill to view what all the charges on your bill are.
The only flip phone offered by Koodo is the Alcatel OneTouch for $96 or $4/month for 2 years. You can also buy your own unlocked phone somewhere else and use that instead.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey Margaret - you're indeed on the $28 plan, but the current balance accounts for your first 2 bills. First invoice was issued on Jan. 24 (a few days after you activated), and the second on Feb. 24. If you log into self-serve, you can view both bills there and see details of all charges, which as Goran alluded to, include pro-ration for your first bill, plus the $10 monthly tab charge to pay off the balance for the phone.

With regards to your phone, unfortunately since it's been almost two months since purchase, you're not eligible to exchange it. However, there are other options available (i.e. sell it as Goran suggested and purchase a different phone of your choice). 
Hope that helps.