Koodo Community

Can I still remain a KOODO customer, if I have an Apple Watch with LTE mobile access?

• 23 September 2018
  • 8 replies

I'm going to buy an Apple Watch. I'd like to have LTE support on the watch, so I don't need to bring my phone everywhere. Can I do this and still remain a KOODO customer? Or is KOODO's policy that they want to force APPLE WATCH LTE people to leave?

Thank you
  • Chris 🙂

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@WoofWoof : In many other threads, even Koodo rep has confirmed. It is not going to happen any time soon.

If your Apple LTE watch access is so important than other features, I suggest you check out Telus (or other top tier carriers) at your own discretion.
At $80/month at TELUS? That's pretty punitive - that's $400 more/year than Koodo!
But yeah, I guess it has only been three years since it came out. Sigh...

Thanks for the extremely quick response guys! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
At $80/month at TELUS? That's pretty punitive - that's $400 more/year than Koodo!
But yeah, I guess it has only been three years since it came out. Sigh...

Thanks for the extremely quick response guys! :-)

I like the idea of eSIM and Apple Watch, and voted for the idea in other threads also.

It will happen sometime but not sure when... eSIM seems to be the future.
I guess the watches ARE pretty pricey - at $600 and up for Cellular. Plus $10/month extra on your plan... I guess most Koodo users aren't going to wasting that kindof money... Its a bit insane... I seem to be getting sucked in, tho...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The value of the Telus plan depends on the plan you want, if sharing data is useful to you, and if you want a greater subsidy on your phone purchase. Last time I looked, the difference was about $15 per month, if you included a phone purchase.
I just looked - $80 a month is the cheapest for voice and data (1 + 2 Gig). They don't seem to have any cheaper options. And that's if you bring your own phone, too, I think!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just looked - $80 a month is the cheapest for voice and data (1 + 2 Gig). They don't seem to have any cheaper options. And that's if you bring your own phone, too, I think!

Now run the numbers with a flagship phone purchase.
I think its works out the same as bringing a brand new phone. They add $20/month, over 24 months, that's $500. Plus phone purchase price tends to equal buying the phone outright.