Koodo Community

Can I setup Personal Hotspot with iPhone with Prepaid Koodo account?

• 7 September 2017
  • 59 replies

Show first post

59 replies

Badge +4
It is not much of an error, when I select "Set Up Personal Hotspot" from the iPhone setting, a me...Something doesn't add up. First, it's not clear why the rep would have reset network settings before installing the SIM card - it makes no sense. The SIM card would have to be in the iPad for the network reset to take effect. 

That's not to say you can't perform a network reset without a SIM card installed, it simply means that the carriers network settings were not reset. Try a network reset, now that the Koodo SIM card is in the iPad. 

Second, if the iPad was purchased from an Apple store, it is sold unlocked and is not affiliated with any carrier. A TELUS SIM card might have been installed at some point. Carrier: Telus 32.0, appears to offer proof that carrier settings were downloaded to the device. By chance, did you buy the iPad second-hand from a seller who claimed the device was purchased through Apple?

Lastly, iPad models equipped with wireless mobile data connectivity (3G or 4G+LTE), show the carrier logo and signal strength to the carrier. You mention Koodo is visible, but we can't see this in any of your iPad screenshots. I think a visit to an Apple store is in order.
It is not much of an error, when I select "Set Up Personal Hotspot" from the iPhone setting, a me...He did Network reset before installing SIM card because my iPad could has previous Network settings. My iPad was connected to BELL Networrk 2 yeas ago and everything was great. I also did Network reset with SIM card installed at home, but it doesn’t help.
It is not much of an error, when I select "Set Up Personal Hotspot" from the iPhone setting, a me...Carrier Telus 32.0 appeared in iPad setting after installing KOODO SIM card.
It is not much of an error, when I select "Set Up Personal Hotspot" from the iPhone setting, a me...I can’t make any screenshoot right now because I am traveling in the USA, but as I told you before “Koodo” icon appeared on the top left side. It means my iPad has connected to Koodo network.
Badge +4
It is not much of an error, when I select "Set Up Personal Hotspot" from the iPhone setting, a me...Thank you for the clarification, it definitely helps. I'm all out of ideas. Best to wait for a reply from Koodo if you've contacted them via Facebook or Twitter. 
It is not much of an error, when I select "Set Up Personal Hotspot" from the iPhone setting, a me...Yes, I sent them message via Facebook. Thanks,
It is not much of an error, when I select "Set Up Personal Hotspot" from the iPhone setting, a me...Yes, I sent them message via Facebook. Thanks,
It is not much of an error, when I select "Set Up Personal Hotspot" from the iPhone setting, a me...I’ve got response from Koodo support and would like to publish it to help someone else with the same issue“Hi, My name is Camille Thank you for contacting us. It is a pleasure to assist you. First of all, sorry for the late response, as we’ve been receiving multiple messages recently. We’re doing our best to answer all of them as fast as possible, your patience is much appreciated. With that being said, I just spoke with a colleague from the Technical Support and according to them, there is a Soc code missing in your account. I wished I could help you with this issue but we do not have the necessary resources through Social Media to assist you. That is why I invite you to contact them by dialing 1-866-995-6636 (option 4) and they will fix the problem.”
It is not much of an error, when I select "Set Up Personal Hotspot" from the iPhone setting, a me...Hi, I don’t understand why moderators removed my post with solution for my issue?
Badge +4
It is not much of an error, when I select "Set Up Personal Hotspot" from the iPhone setting, a me...From my last post to your last post here, I'm not seeing anything that has been removed or edited by a moderator. Try summarizing the discussion you had with the support rep with focus on the solution. Do not post anything that personally identifies you, (e.g. phone number, account number, address, etc.). 
It is not much of an error, when I select "Set Up Personal Hotspot" from the iPhone setting, a me...My last two posts was edited by someone. I just posted answer from Koodo support. Nothing personal. They found solution for my account. “SOC code is missing”. They suggested contact to technical support by phone and I don’t understand why they didn’t fix it. Why I have to call them, staying on hold, explaining again and again about my issue?
It is not much of an error, when I select "Set Up Personal Hotspot" from the iPhone setting, a me...When I picked up my plan I spent 2 hrs with Koodo rep and he couldn’t resolve my issue. He was calling to someone from technical support, sending them my iPad screenshoots and they couldn’t help. And now I have to start from the beginning?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It is not much of an error, when I select "Set Up Personal Hotspot" from the iPhone setting, a me...Seems like a glitch as no one edited your comment to remove the rest. I just restored the comment for you so that the rest shows.
It is not much of an error, when I select "Set Up Personal Hotspot" from the iPhone setting, a me...Thanks, Allan
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Quick question EM, can you use data "normally")? (as in, does the booster actually work?) 

Just trying to troubleshoot here...
Data works fine, Koodo/Telus is top notch. I hope tethering can work with iOS in Koodo network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Data works fine, Koodo/Telus is top notch. I hope tethering can work with iOS in Koodo network.Can you post a few screen shots? Particularly the screen at: Settings , Cellular Data Options , Cellular Data Network
Data works fine, Koodo/Telus is top notch. I hope tethering can work with iOS in Koodo network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Data works fine, Koodo/Telus is top notch. I hope tethering can work with iOS in Koodo network.Particularly the screen at: Settings , Cellular Data Options , Cellular Data Network
Data works fine, Koodo/Telus is top notch. I hope tethering can work with iOS in Koodo network.here it is.

Data works fine, Koodo/Telus is top notch. I hope tethering can work with iOS in Koodo network.APN Setting

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Data works fine, Koodo/Telus is top notch. I hope tethering can work with iOS in Koodo network.Try setting up your APN through this website (from your iPhone):

http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Data works fine, Koodo/Telus is top notch. I hope tethering can work with iOS in Koodo network.As far as I know Username and Password should be blank in the personal hotspot settings as they are in the other APN settings.

BTW, is this a Telus Family phone, unlocked from another carrier, or unlocked direct from Apple?

Data works fine, Koodo/Telus is top notch. I hope tethering can work with iOS in Koodo network.Ivan, that's how I got my original setting.
David, I deleted the Username and Password, still no joy.
I brought my phone directly from the Apple Store in Toronto
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Data works fine, Koodo/Telus is top notch. I hope tethering can work with iOS in Koodo network.Well, I'm ----- out of ideas on this one. You can try resetting your network settings, but I don't believe that to be the solution.