Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I restrict texting at night for my daughter

Is there a way that I can restrict texting on my daughter's iPhone 6 at night (other than simply taking the phone away each night). I've got parental controls setup for my WiFi network, but she still gets data through Koodo cellular network. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately, there's no such thing! And as a kid, whatever barrier you put, he will find a way to surpass them. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can't control her texts/ talk usage. I agree with Robert that they always find a way to workaround -"she still gets data through Koodo cellular network. " But, at least you can control her mobile data usage. If you want to block her data after she used up her data limit, you can add "data block add-on"(You will need to monitering her usage through self serve ) You need to call Koodo to add this add on, but you can remove it through self serve once new billing cycle started. I have 2kids and I'm monitering their data usage. And they pay me their data overage charge .They don't want to pay me a big amount, so they usually become more carefull after I gave them warning 😉