Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I put one of your plans on a phone I already have?

I found my lost phone (with Bell, disconnected. found it. I like your plan better than theirs. Can i put your $35 plan on my phone?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello. Yes its possible but you would need to unlock the phone first
Hey, this is awesome. So (I'm a bit illiterate w present technology), that means I need to be really, really nice to Bell to get them to unlock my phone again, right?  Does that mean I get to keep my original ph #   250-254-1728

Userlevel 7
Unlocking allows a carrier locked cell phone to work with other companies' SIM cards. Bell will charge $50 to unlock your iPhone before you leave. Trust me though, it's the cheapest method for iPhones. They're notoriously annoying/expensive to unlock via third party so make sure you call them to do that first. You'll also probably need to backup and restore the phone through iTunes to complete the unlock once Bell submits it. It's unfortunately not just a code you can buy online for cheaper like every other device. Yes you can keep your phone #, but you'll want to go to Koodo and port out. DO NOT CANCEL BELL. Just go to Koodo and they will take care of it. Bring your account number with you.
You guys are so funny, must live in a city. We do not. We live up on the side of a mountain, north of Creston, no Koodo stores. Nearest is Calgary, Alberta, about 6 hours away, or Kelowna, the same only in the other direction.  We need to figure out a way to configure phones at a distance. Wherefore art thou oh (Romeo) i,e, technology.  Like, I mean, we buy with our credit cards, products that are selling elsewhere and they get delivered to our physical mail.  Well, sometimes. I just got cut off from RBC rewards; they are no longer delivering to rural routes OR post office boxes. Get real.  There are real people that live in the country, not the metro 🙂  And oh yeh. It is everyone's right to have hight speed internet. nope. not yet. you don't want to go there, I mean here, ho ho. Have a nice Christmas. Looks like I'll have to swallow and stay with Bell, dat rat it!!  I am almost envious of super boxes. They get packaged mail, right????  But I bet they are close to a big metro post office that holds the big ones. Oh well, the price we pay to live on Kootenay Lake 🙂
Userlevel 4
Charles Ingles wrote:

You guys are so funny, must live in a city. We do not. We live up on the side of a mountain, nort...

"Wherefore" means "why" not "where"  :)

This shouldn't be a problem.  Just call Koodo and tell them you want to port/transfer your number to them.  They should be able to do it over the phone. 

However, you might have an issue with Bell, if they subsidized your phone.  If you brought your own phone to Bell, then you won't have a problem.  I think Bell should be able to do it over the phone.  Like Jonathan mentioned...  don't cancel your service with Bell.  Unlock your phone while you're still a customer and changer your number's provider while you're still a customer with Bell
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Charles Ingles wrote:

You guys are so funny, must live in a city. We do not. We live up on the side of a mountain, nort...

Actually, your closest full service dealer is Cranbrook, (or Castlegar or Nelson). If you need to buy a phone with your Koodo service you can buy it at Extra foods in town.

Have a look at the "Stores" link at the bottom of the KoodoMobile.com page for a full listing.