Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I get the Iphone 6s 16 GB, with no credit history?

Can I get the Iphone 6s 16 GB, with no credit history? I am 18 years old without any credit history and i am wanting to get a large tab. I can provide my driver's licence, Native American status card and if i can find it perhaps my SIN card. Do you think I am eligible?   

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chances are you will get approved if this is the first time your applying for credit. You will need 2 pieces of government issued ID.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello! You very likely can. It's common for people who reach age of majority with no established credit history to geta tab. Here is what you need to bring in terms of id for the check: http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/do-you-perform-a-credit-check However, unless you must have the iPhone at any cost, you're going to be better off getting one on tab medium. It costs more up front but you will save money in the long run. Plans for the same data us around 10-20 a month more on large than medium. After two years you're going to have spent 240-480 more than otherwise. Even if you have to put the extra amount on a credit card of 144 dollars difference, it will be well worth it.
That is great news! Thank you. But, all in all, it is mostly up to the Koodo employee to decide? And by government issued ID do you mean either a Canadian Driver’s License, Canadian SIN card or a Canadian Credit Card? And what would my Native American status card be counted as ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
KaronioKtha Kendra wrote:

That is great news! Thank you. But, all in all, it is mostly up to the Koodo employee to decide? ...

Sin and Drivers license is perfect. Not the employee to decide but the Koodo System that he puts your info into. Best thing is to go and try it.
Userlevel 7
KaronioKtha Kendra wrote:

That is great news! Thank you. But, all in all, it is mostly up to the Koodo employee to decide? ...

If you have a credit card, I'd give that instead of the SIN. It's not something Koodo really needs as they can do the check off of a credit card without a problem. The Native American status card is also counted as government issued ID. Take a look at the link Goran provided above with all your ID options!
Userlevel 7
Indian status card is accepted as photo ID. I have one as well. Drivers license is best because it has address too. Are you sure you want Tab L though? I guess if you can't afford the upfront payment for Tab M but can pay extra each month to get a high subsidy it could work for you. I'm in that boat currently. Good luck getting your iPhone.
Thank you soooo much ! I really appreciate the fast and good reply !