Koodo Community

Community

Solved

can i buy an iphone using the tab meduim

I tried to buy the iPhone 5s last weekend but the store I went to said : a)The double minutes/data promotion didn't exist, when it said that right on the website b) iPhone's are only available on the Tab Large I can't afford to buy the iPhone outright, or to pay 75 dollars a month for a phone bill, so the Tab Medium really is my only option unless I want to just go with an android phone (which i would really rather not) Can anyone shed light on the situation? is it the store's issue or were they correct in saying the iPhone isn't offered under anything but Tab Large

12 replies

Userlevel 7
You can buy the iPhone on any tab you wish If the store gives you an issue with the plan refer them to the website
Userlevel 3
You can pay $425 out of pocket using the tab medium. You can choose the plan you want and a $5 tab charge would apply. As for the iphone 5s only available on the large tab that's incorrect.
Userlevel 7
Store's definitely wrong and poorly trained. Also, while I understand your iPhone love, you could really consider Android, as there's some fantastic mid-range devices available that give similar features/performance (and sometimes moreso) for a more affordable price. If you're worried/concerned about paying for your phone either in store on your bill, I suggest you don't get the iPhone 5S. It's a great device, but it's expensive.
Userlevel 5
Jonathan I wrote:

Store's definitely wrong and poorly trained. Also, while I understand your iPhone love, you co...

Yeah. If you're planning to get an iPhone 5S, you might as well just purchase an iPhone 5 now or get the iPhone 6(?) that will probably come out next year because the iPhone 5S doesn't really have any major improvements other than Touch ID and some speed/spec upgrades.
Jonathan I wrote:

Store's definitely wrong and poorly trained. Also, while I understand your iPhone love, you co...

They no longer sell the 5 anywhere as that was my original plan, and unfortunately my phone won't make it to next year (the back is actually duct taped on so my battery will stop falling out lol)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is it possible that your in a province that doesn't offer the plan your looking for and when you were looking on the site you were looking under the wrong province ?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Is it possible that your in a province that doesn't offer the plan your looking for and when you ...

No I ended up changing my plan regardless and got the same deal, but without upgrading my phone

Is it possible that your in a province that doesn't offer the plan your looking for and when you ...

By using self serve 🙂
Userlevel 7

Cool! Glad to hear it worked out for you the way you wanted
Userlevel 5
If you get your iphone through the web store than you are required to use the maximum subsidy, but you do not need to use the maximum subsidy if you get it through a store. If the store disagrees with you have them call Koodo customer support who can pass on this information to them (or their manager) if needed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dave wrote:

If you get your iphone through the web store than you are required to use the maximum subsidy, bu...

iphones are not available for purchase through the webstore.
Userlevel 6
Hi Emma, would you mind sending us a detailed email, with information about the store? We want to a follow up and make sure they are providing the proper information 🙂 You can use this link: http://koo.do/YqucV0. Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.