Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I add the remaining of my tab on my next bill and buy the phone?

I have an iPhone 6 and I want to trade it for an iPhone 6 plus. I'm getting it on the regular tab meaning they're going to subtract $360. I bought my iPhone with the medium tab when it was still out. I have about $200 left on my tab. Can I putit on my next bill and buy the phone that day or do I have to pay the tab before I get the phone?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Sasha You can pay your tab whenever you want! That's the point of not having a contract with Koodo!
so i can trade in my iphone 6 for an iphone 6 plus and pay the difference. but the remaining on the tab can gp to the bill.
Last time, I went to Koodo they told me I couldn't buy a new phone until the tab is paid off. Maybe, it's just the guy because I called them and they said they could transfer the tab to the bill.
Userlevel 7
Hi Sasha,

In your case since it's an old tab you will have 2 options:
1- Keep your current tab and just buy the iPhone outright
2- Pay off your existing tab and put 360$ of the iPhone on a new one.

This is because you can no longer get new credit on a older tab and must use the most recent tab versions. Therefor, you will need to pay off your current tab medium to be able to use the new tab. 
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Sasha,

In your case since it's an old tab you will have 2 options:
1- Keep your current tab a...

Just keep in mind if you put 360$ on the new tab, you'll have a tab charge of 15$/Month x24months (360$) on top of your plan costs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
To answer your original question you can choose to pay off your tab by adding it to your next monthly bill.  You can do that at the kiosk at the time of the upgrade, or on your self serve.  There should be a pay off tab button