Koodo Community

Community

Can get a completely prepaid phone and have no future costs?

I would like to buy an iphone, and I was wondering if you could buy a phone and rig it up so you only have to pay upfront and never again? I was thinking of getting a prepaid plan, and I was wondering if, once you've used the plan all up, could you just quit using the phone and they wouldn't send you a recharge bill and whatever? may be a stupid question, but thanks anyway!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want to buy an iPhone outright, then you might be better buy it from Apple directory.
They don't sell an iPhone without Tab plan. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The iPhone SE, 6 and 6s are all available outright from Koodo for $485-$755 depending on model and capacity.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

The iPhone SE, 6 and 6s are all available outright from Koodo for $485-$755 depending on model an...

It seems cheaper from Apple according to their web.

And even if you can buy it outright from Koodo, you  need to sign up with Koodo with plan.  (IIRC, they don't sell if you are not customer.) 
It might be a hassle ifor anyone who want to cancel service right away...?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

The iPhone SE, 6 and 6s are all available outright from Koodo for $485-$755 depending on model an...

That's right you need to be with Koodo. Not to mention until Dec 1 if you need to unlock it's 50 bucks vs factory unlocked via Apple.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

I took their wording differently but yes, didn't realize they were that much cheaper from apple, definitely a better option IMO.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

I didn't see a better price with koodo outright. Apple is selling SE for $469. 32GB. You guys are living in Android world?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

I don't think anyone say that Koodo is better pricing here 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Yeah, i made a comment in support of you,mayumi
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Oh, thanks. lol
It's my English (^_^).  
Allan wrote:

thx everyone:)