Koodo Community

Community

Can an open work permit holder get a contract for monthly plan with phone with koodo??

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It is not about the work permit holder but about the credit score, and your history in Canada. I don't think it is a matter of "work permit" but the length of stay.

To apply for a Tab you need https://www.koodomobile.com/help/credit-check-requirements
Dinh wrote:

It is not about the work permit holder but about the credit score, and your history in Canada. I ...

We have been here 4 months now. So basically we HAVE no credit score to check. International students or their partners dont get to have a credit card either. So there is no chance of getting a contract phone. Sigh
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

It is not about the work permit holder but about the credit score, and your history in Canada. I ...

You can get a credit card with your bank and build your credit card slowly.

I would suggest you get prepaid phone, Moto G4,G5. They are reasonably good and not expensive.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

Or you can bring your own phone and start an account with Fido.
As long as u have a credit card with good credit rati ng should not be a problem