Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Calls from 1(866)456-0061

Userlevel 1
I'm receiving several calls from 1(866)456-0061 asking for an unidentifiable person, they just don't stop. I try calling them but there is no name for this number. How can I stop them from calling? Block doesn't work, and my voicemail gets full of these messages. Can Koodomobile help with this type of harassing calls? Koodomobile must and needs to do something about this issue,,,We Need a Spam Blocker from Koodomobile!!

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So you tapped the info icon on the identified call in the phone calls list, scrolled to the bottom, and tapped "Block This Caller" and then "Block Contact" and it still didn't work? I assume that you have iOS 7+?
Userlevel 1
iPhone 6s, latest update, somehow it doesn't block it,,Apple community said that they use different identifier but the face is the same, therefore, it is recognized as different number. However, they still can left voicemails in Koodomobile, cause there is no an ID blocker
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In that case if none of the call blocking apps work either, it's not really a solution but just ignoring it and deleting the VMs until they stop trying to get through to you is all you can do.
Userlevel 1
I guess, you're right but Koodomobile must create some type of spam/call blocker like in email,, thank you, Goran, take care,,,
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chappy wrote:

I guess, you're right but Koodomobile must create some type of spam/call blocker like in email,, ...

Assuming they are located in Canada or some entity is related to them you can file a complaint with th CRTC as well. Since they're scammers an less telemarketers I am not sure if anything can be done. I do think that would be a good option to have a spam or call block. I know there ar providers that let you call in and request certain numbers be blocked. I'm not sure if Koodo does it. You could try calling 611 and ask if they can block the number. I have no idea if it will be more effective than what Apple uses.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ultimately you could change your number
Userlevel 1
I thought about it but what is going to happen with the new one because my phone number is new. I am a new Koodomobile customer since February this year. It is a drag,, believe me,, thank you,, Robert and go Raptors
Userlevel 4
a quick search show that number as being from a debt collector. I can only assume that either you own someone money, or someone randomly gave out a false phone number which just happens to match yours.
Userlevel 1
Jay Why wrote:

a quick search show that number as being from a debt collector. I can only assume that either you...

I believe was the previous owner, I did tell the company this but they keep calling,, ,I told them everytime you call me, you will receive several insults, so let's see
Userlevel 4
Jay Why wrote:

a quick search show that number as being from a debt collector. I can only assume that either you...

I sure if it is a legit debt collector, the person calling would have heard every excuse possible so "it's not me, it was the previous owner" won't stop them. I think your best bet would be to follow  Goran's advice and google you provincial debt collection laws to see if there is something you can do to legally stop the calls.I would assume all it would take is for you to prove you are not  the person they are looking for
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Me doing a quick search shows it to be a scam number.
Userlevel 4
Goran wrote:

I always use whocallsme when searching numbers and the most recent (2016) complaints for this number said it belong to the collections department from Capital One
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

I saw a small number of those claims...in poor English an no credentials. There is no consistency so th could very well be a debt collection agency that various companies outsource too, and suck terribly at it.
Userlevel 1
Goran wrote:

I have just make a complaint to the consumer ministry 416-326-8800. This number belongs to the Total Credit Recovery, I hope this works, otherwise, I will switch my number, considering I am a new Koodomobile customer since February. Hassle
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If they are in fact a debt collection agency, you have legal recourse and protections. It depends on which province you live in. Here is the link for Ontario residents : https://www.ontario.ca/page/collection-agency-your-rights You can Google : (province) debt collection and you should get all the info you need quickly to deal with this. You can confirm that you are the person they are actually looking for. They could be calling you by mistake. There are resources that will tell you which questions to ask and how.