Koodo Community

Community

Solved

calling card question

I am from Newfoundland and will be spending 3 weeks in Quebec. I have a Bell calling card to call home while there. will my cell be charged long distance charges and use up my minutes if I use it to call home with my calling card? thanks for your time.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
How old is your plan that you don't have Canada-wide calling? A of Koodos plan for the past 4+ years (a long time) have had Canada-wide calling. You'll still be using your minutes no matter what. A calling card is so save on long distance charges. But to answer your question, as long as you call the local number on the calling card then you'll only use your regular minutes for the call and wont be charged long distance. If you have a Canada-wide plan, none of this matters.
I have 500 Canada wide minutes. ($40/mth plan). So if I use up the 500 minutes using a calling card (the calling card allows me to call home only); do you have any idea what charges will be incurred on my bill?
Userlevel 7
Sherri wrote:

I have 500 Canada wide minutes. ($40/mth plan). So if I use up the 500 minutes using a calling ca...

Since you in-deed do have a Canada-wide plan, you don't even need to use the phone card. There is no such thing as long distance within Canada when you have a Canada-wide plan. You can call to and from anywhere in Canada without incurring long distance charges. Even your evening and weekend minutes that are unlimited are Canada-wide so you'll never incurr long distance charges.
Sherri wrote:

I have 500 Canada wide minutes. ($40/mth plan). So if I use up the 500 minutes using a calling ca...

Thank you so much! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Sherri wrote:

You're welcome and enjoy your trip 🙂