Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Calling Canada from USA

I've got the USA 10 day package with data but when I try to call family in Canada I get a message saying my contract doesn't allow for this. I can get texts and calls from my family here in the US without problems. My normal package is one I don't see listed anymore, unlimited text, 300 minutes and 300 MB data. I'm well within all limits for this billing cycle, so overage shouldn't be problem or blocking calls.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So you're package doesn't include minutes? If the answer is yes, make sure you added the international pay per use roaming package that's free from self serve
Robert wrote:

So you're package doesn't include minutes? If the answer is yes, make sure you added the internat...

the US 10 day package includes texts, minutes and data. Another question, I got an email saying international roaming was added but I hadn't done this, so did someone at Koodo add it for me?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

So you're package doesn't include minutes? If the answer is yes, make sure you added the internat...

Yes, we tried to help fix the issue you were facing. It's no cost feature that sometimes fixes the problem. Is your phone working now?
Robert wrote:

thanks, seems to have worked I was able to call Canada
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Kelca Can you put your phone on airplane mode and back? 
Bernard wrote:

@ Kelca Can you put your phone on airplane mode and back? 

yes