Koodo Community

Call or Text within an app without having unlimited calls ..

If I decide to call or send text messages within an app like Line or Whatsapp to someone abroad or someone who may be 30 minutes of distance from me, will I still be charged?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi Sully,
Whatapp, Line is using data (either through cellular  or wifi) to make calls /send messages. You won't be charged for Koodo minutes, but you need to check your data usage and make sure you got enough data to cover it.
Thank you very much!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And regular text sent to someone international is all included in your plans anyways (as long as you are in canada)
And regular text sent to someone international is all included in your plans anyways (as long as ...Thank you so much! Me and my sister are searching to move to Canada and im making sure I have everything ready including phones and bills, thanks again for the info
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And regular text sent to someone international is all included in your plans anyways (as long as ...In that case, data messaging apps like the ones you mention are perfect for this.  Especially if you get wifi at home.
And regular text sent to someone international is all included in your plans anyways (as long as ...Perfect! I look foward buying a phone in this company in the future. Thank you again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And regular text sent to someone international is all included in your plans anyways (as long as ...Note that cell phones in canada are now all carrier unlocked so they can  be used with any carrier as long as the network frequencies are available on the device
And regular text sent to someone international is all included in your plans anyways (as long as ...In that case, If I have an At&t phone, may I still be able to use it in Canada? I dont recall an At&t company in Canada so I thought I had to change phones and services as well...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And regular text sent to someone international is all included in your plans anyways (as long as ...You will have to make sure AT&T unlocked the device first so it can be used with other carriers
And regular text sent to someone international is all included in your plans anyways (as long as ...Thanks! Ill make sure to stop by the store. Thank you so much for the help so far!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And regular text sent to someone international is all included in your plans anyways (as long as ...No worries.  Feel free to come back to the community if you every have any other questions
And regular text sent to someone international is all included in your plans anyways (as long as ...I will certainly do!!
Nope, even if you group voice call on Facebook Messenger with 50 people. But try to use WIFI.
Nope, even if you group voice call on Facebook Messenger with 50 people. But try to use WIFI.Thank you!! I will keep that in mind.