Koodo Community

Call Forwarding to India number while in India

• 7 January 2019
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I have 1000 LD minutes package which allows me to call India and 7 other countries. I am travelling to India and thinking of switching off my phone and forwarding call to my India number.

Does anyone knows if this will incur any roaming charges?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank You.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you set it up in Canada and leave your phone in Canada then you will call forwarding minutes unless you have the call forwarding add-on.

You will also incur long distance which your LD minutes should cover up until your limit.

Now if your bring your phone overseas and its on then it may incur Roaming as it will forward from India.

Not im not 100% about all this as this is not the typical use of call forwarding. I'm not even sure a rep will be 100% either.

It is up to you to take the risk to try, but I wouldn't recommend it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well, I don't think you could setup call forward to another country number beside Canada and US number.

I would suggest you to try forward your number to a VoiP Canadian number (for example fongo) then use the app while you are in India.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If I recall from previous experiences here, you will be charged pay-per-use long distance fees if you call forward your incoming calls to a number outside Canada.

Remember call forwarding is a very different process that you dealing the call yourself. There are many folks who have ben surprised by a per- minutes bill for call forwarding, as they though it was the same as if they dialed the call themselves. I think you'll find your 1000 minutes calling plan only applies to calls you dial yourself.
If you set it up in Canada and leave your phone in Canada then you will call forwarding minutes unless you have the call forwarding add-on.

You will also incur long distance which your LD minutes should cover up until your limit.

Now if your bring your phone overseas and its on then it may incur Roaming as it will forward from India.

Not im not 100% about all this as this is not the typical use of call forwarding. I'm not even sure a rep will be 100% either.

It is up to you to take the risk to try, but I wouldn't recommend it

Thanks Dennis, I will try calling rep but I agree, I might not take this risk!
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hello there!

You can only forward calls to a Canadian number, if you forward calls to an international number then you will incur LD charges regardless of the plan that you have.

The only way to use your phone in India and avoid the pay-per-use rates, is to get easy roam!

The following link should help you learn more about easy roam : https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello there!

You can only forward calls to a Canadian number, if you forward calls to an international number then you will incur LD charges regardless of the plan that you have.

The only way to use your phone in India and avoid the pay-per-use rates, is to get easy roam!

The following link should help you learn more about easy roam : https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam

@Ismail.koodo
But if it is forwarded it to an India number ther is LD but no roaming right?
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
That is correct!

If the phone is in Canada then there will be no roaming charges, but there will be LD charges (Also The call forwarding option will not work with international numbers except the US).