Koodo Community
Solved

Buying used iPhone 4 (koodo). Can I keep my old plan?

I want to buy a used iPhone 4 on Craigslist that is already locked to Koodo. Can I keep my plan, which isn't available anymore? Will I need to buy a new micro-SIM card?

8 replies

Userlevel 2
1. Watch out it isn't stolen only buy if they can prove it is theirs. You can just take your micro Sim card out and put it in the new iPhone it will work right away. Your plan can stay exactly the same.
My old phone is a flip phone - no sim card.
Userlevel 2
Oh then yes you have to go to a koodo store and get a Sim card and if they can't change your number over then call *611 to move your number over or do it online yourself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kristina V. wrote:

Oh then yes you have to go to a koodo store and get a Sim card and if they can't change your numb...

The SIM will cost $10 plus tax
Userlevel 2
Kristina V. wrote:

Oh then yes you have to go to a koodo store and get a Sim card and if they can't change your numb...

With tax $11.20 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kristina V. wrote:

Only if you live in BC. Other provinces will have different PST/HST rates
Userlevel 7
Any particular reason why you want an iPhone 4, used no less? It's quite an old phone and while still capable, it suffers to run iOS7 and is not being updated for iOS8 either. I think you might want to try and get something a bit better than that...
Userlevel 6
Check here if it's stolen because you won't be able to activate any phone reported stole with any phone company: http://www.protectyourdata.ca/check-the-status-of-your-device-in-canada/ You wil need the IMEI number. Ask for it before you buy.