Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Buying an IPhone off koodo

Hi I'm looking to buy an iPhone 6 with kodoo just wondering does it come unlocked if I buy it outright? I need to use it in the uk and Ireland

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes it comes locked. It costs $35 to unlock Why dont you buy direct from Apple? It would be cheaper to buy outright from them and it would come unlocked
35 to unlock is a bit much considering I have given koodo plenty of money in the past. I'm looking to get one off koodo because I have a 100 dollar discount to use
Userlevel 7
iPhones are notoriously expensive and/or difficult to unlock with third parties, so $35 is actually pretty cheap. All the other carriers charge $50. Even if you have to pay, since you have an extra credit, 100 - 35 = 65. That's still gonna be cheaper than Apple store. Unfortunately I don't think the fee can be waived. Loyalty/payment history is great to have with a company but it will come in handy for using more Tab in the future, not rate plans or add-ons since Koodo doesn't have a true retention department.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

iPhones are notoriously expensive and/or difficult to unlock with third parties, so $35 is actual...

Any 3rd party unlocker will charge you $100+ for an iphone unlock. I pushed for free unlocking from carriers (or end the whole carrier locking thing) but the CRTC things that there is a suitable unlock industry with competition out there that they dont need to regulate it.