Koodo Community

Community

Solved

buy the 10 days add on US roaming with data, text and unlimited voice. The quality of the service is terrible.

I bought the 10 days add on US roaming with data, text and unlimited voice. The quality of the service is terrible. I am in Florida and my phone does connect to some US provider (AT&T) but  person who call me reach my answer machine 9/10. Only 1/10 of my outgoing call work. Nobody can reach me and it take me 10 try to reach someone. It is really frustrating. What can we do to get a decent quality in US with the add-on.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Bratfun,

When in the US, you are stuck using whatever network is available. It isn't a Koodo network either, so I'd suggest you take a look on the AT&T coverage maps and see if your area might be in the border of their coverage area.
Hi Mathieu, 

Thanks for the quick reply.
My girlfriend is with another canadian provider (Rogers), has the same iPhone, is connected to AT&T and does not have any problem. So I guess it has a link with Koodo...  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
bratfun wrote:

Hi Mathieu, 

My girlfriend is with another canadian provider (R...

What provider are you connected to when you have these issues? We have agreements with AT&T, T-mobile, Sprint, Verizon etc.
bratfun wrote:

Hi Mathieu, 

Hi Bernard, 

Thanks for your reply.
I am connected to AT&T when I have the problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
bratfun wrote:

Hi Mathieu, 

All the add-on provides is a discount on the fees normally charged for roaming on partner networks. There's no other magic about the add-on itself.

bratfun wrote:

Hi Mathieu, 

The discount may be all, but the the AT&T network is not working for Koodo. I have exactly the same problem. My business partner has an add on from FIdo on his phone. And us connected to AT&T sitting right next to me and he ga no issue at all. Senna very clear that AT&T is not allowing Koodo customers to make any calls or text. Interestingly if I try to force myniphone to connect to T-mobile it does not, changes the setting back to auto and reconnects to AT&T. Something very strange is going on here.