Koodo Community

Bullshit Service

I finally get a hold of someone who tells me to go to the store because they can do more for me there and the store manager lady there doesn't even call the number I was told she was to call, doesn't even look at the phone, she just tells me that I would be better off buying out the phone and buying the iPhone 8 plus. I shouldn't have to pay for this phone when I have been trying to get the 8 plus for ever now you guys keep stalling and running me around and calling different places and then you take forever to get back to me that I'm out of my warranty time to exchange it? THATS BULLSHIT. I shouldn't have to pay out this phone AND pay for the phone that I have been trying to get. I'm not even asking for the newest phone.
I've been with you guys for nearly 10 years, wtf. Why are you treating such a tenure customer like shit! At least let me out of this phone and a discount on the 8 Plus for all this bullshit but no. I have to pay for 2 phones? I'd rather leave and go to Rogers.
I've gone to this kiosk 3 times now, and spent a large amount of time to get a Koodo rep to call me, to get literally no where.
This is how you're treating your customers now? If I can't get the iPhone 8 Plus free or a reasonable price, not this 400 bullshit (which I'm sure like last time will go magically back up to 600 again) and out of this phone WITHOUT paying it off (considering it's not my fault this has gone past the 15-30 days since I'VE BEEN TRYING SINCE I GOT IT apparently no one likes to answer me or help me they just like to send me to other places and waste my time) Then I, someone who has been with you for nearly 10 years. Will go to Rogers. I already know I'll get the phone I want, I already know the plan I'll have cause I've already spoken to someone there.
So if you can't do this for me, this one time, when I have never even been a bad customer, I've never demanded any phone before (I'm not even asking for the newest phone) AND I originally was still fine to buy it AND STILL AM if it's cheaper and I can give this phone back free of charge (I can send you pictures of what it looks like, it looks perfect since the store manager didn't do that like I was told she would) all because of this stress and hassle then I will leave. That will also include my family by the way so it won't just be me, it'll be my family members too who don't want to have to deal with a situation like this with you if you can't do anything for me cause that just means they won't be treated any better and they haven't been with you as long as I have I TOLD THEM YOU GUYS WERE GREAT. Apparently not anymore.
And I hate to be this person, I do, but I am so fed up it's not fair. So are you going to keep me and my family members and help me or lose us.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you start again from the very beginning what the problem is? You're speaking like we are already familiar with your case, which we are not. Most of us are not Koodo reps and for those that are who will see this it would be ideal to have the details from start to finish with what's on. What is wrong with the phone you got? What were you told that you didn't just return it within 15 days?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When and where did you buy your phone?
Was it upgrade?
What's wrong with it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
👋
B ‘bye, then. You’d clearly be happier elsewhere.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
👋

Why so mean? 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

👋
Why so mean? :P

Just trying to make a customer happy!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you didn't make him laugh, at least you made me 😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Heaven I'm not sure you understand how phone purchases work at Koodo now. They're tabs, which for all intents and purposes are basically interest-free loans. You absolutely must pay off any outstanding balance on your current phone before you can purchase another phone on tab. You took on a legal obligation to pay off the tab within 2 years when you purchased the phone, and that doesn't just disappear because you are trying to purchase a new phone. You can call it BS all you like but that's how it works.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just want to know what phone you have now and what was wrong with it?

If you clearly know the 15day return policy, why didnt you return it prior to the 15 days?
Userlevel 4
It sounds like you bought a new phone on the tab and have been trying to return it and buy the 8 Plus. You’ve been getting the runaround because the kiosk doesn’t have it in stock and now the 15 day return window has passed. Try setting up a call back from Koodo and have the location and name of the person you spoke to at the kiosk ready to give to the agent, and describe the situation clearly to them.
Okay so I had the iPhone 6s. I had it for 3 years & it was acting up but I was going to just put up with the problems till I saved enough for the 8Plus. But then it started resetting and it wouldn’t stop. I went and got the iPhone 7 after work for the mean time in hopes I could save my 6s, I phone 7 was the cheapest one. I took my 6s to 2 places to try an have it fixed, Jump which is like another apple store cause we don’t have one in my area and mobile clinic. Both told me it’s done, not savable. So I decided I’d go back on my next pay because the lady who sold me the phone at the Pen Center said the 8 is only 100 dollars more than the 7. Never told me these prices change so I believed in 15 days when I go back it would still be only 100 more.

I would at least like to have the 8 cause it’s the phone I want just smaller, so I wait because I didn’t have the money that week to give to the phone as I had to make other bills, plus I’m moving and need to have first and last.

During those 15 days the 7 turns out does similar things my 6s did (problem wise) just not as bad, which irritates me cause I couldn’t get those fixed with my 6s and I was fine to put up with it for my 6s that I already owed I don’t want to pay for a phone I 1. Don’t want and 2. To go through similar issues with a new phone? I don’t want to pay for that especially if it turns out the same way my 6s did.

So I went back to the same place and I asked to exchange it for the 8. At least it would be the phone I want just smaller and the lady told me its not up to 450 dollars. Well how does that just happen? The 8 Plus was 530 at the time, I might as well get the size I want. They basically tell me they can’t do anything so I try using that chat room and I NEVER get called back, I try calling and trying different options and nothing, no option to speak to someone.

Finally I decide to write on the website and a man called me and told me to go back to the store and ask for the store manager, since I’ve been with you guys for so long he can’t see them not helping me. He said the store manager can check that my phone is in good condition and can call something called the Channel? So I go, speak to the store manager, explain my whole situation. She looks at my account and says “It’s been too long just sell the phone, pay it off and buy the 8Plus.” Doesn’t even call the Channel or look at my phone or even try like the guy on the phone said she should!

So I try the chat thing again to get a call back, nothing, again. So here I am writing on this wall. I know how their tabs work I’ve been here long enough. But I tried to get all this time before the 15-30 day wore out and how could I when I can’t find anyone to help me or actually see what could be done to help me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Heaven I know this doesn't help at all, but this was the thing that came instantly to my mind when I finished reading your reply above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5j4DIellR4
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I know how their tabs work I’ve been here long enough. But I tried to get all this time before the 15-30 day wore out and how could I when I can’t find anyone to help me or actually see what could be done to help me.
2 things here.

1. The return period is 15 days for normal people. Persons with disabilities: You can return your cellphone within 30 days (https://www.koodomobile.com/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone) ( https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/code.htm).
  2. Sales and promos can come and go and end at anytime without warning. Also I see you can get the Iphone 8 on Tab Large for $100 upfront. Maybe there a misunderstanding here, which can easily happen.

So for #1, do you meet this requirement?
For #2, maybe it was never $100 more or maybe you just missed the sale. That happens.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What location were you dealing with?
Badge +4
What location were you dealing with?

Heaven mentions the Pen Centre (St. Catharines, ON) there's a Koodo shop in that mall.
I tried to do it within the time frame but they kept telling me no call this number, no go to the store, no call them again, then nope go to the store and ask for the store manager and after all that I ran out of time. Like I tried to do it on time and they kept sending me around and now told me "Oop too bad you're out of time" Like how the hell is that fair?
All I want it to trade this phone in for the 8 Plus.... But no, now after the exchange time ran out from them stalling they expect me to pay this phone off then pay full price for the other phone. They can't even give me a discount for the hassle? Like I've talked to so many people who tell me different things and the last guy said the store manager can help me and she didn't do anything he said she should do.
Badge +4
You got the brand new iPhone 7 knowing that you could/would return a perfectly good phone within 15 days just because you wanted the iPhone 8 but didn't have the money for it at the time. Do you think they could sell your iPhone 7 as new still? No they can't, they have to sell it as CPO.

I would say karma served you well. Enjoy your iPhone 7