Koodo Community
Question

Brand new iPhone dead.

• 18 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi everyone, I bought a brand new iPhone XR from koodo on March 9th, and it has suddenly died with no reason. The battery was very close to dead, and then I plugged it in to charge. I picked it up to use it, and realized it was dead dead. I've left it charging for 30 minutes now, and it still won't turn on. I've tried two different chargers in case for some reason it was the charger.

Does anyone have any ideas? It's literally not even a month and a half old yet, and worked fine an hour ago.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried to charge it with a different cable or different charger? The charger/cable could also be the culprit.

You could also contact Apple for technical support. Apple is pretty good at that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried doing a hard reset on the device?
1.Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
2.Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
3.Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

If this doesn't work then you can contact Apple here:
https://getsupport.apple.com/
Userlevel 2
Thanks you guys! @Dinh @Allan M you guys are always on the ball. It turns out, it was probably a bug, and because I had never let my phone die (or do a restart before), it was some kind of glitch. Managed to finally get it working (After trying to hard reset a few times, and letting it charge for a long time). The Apple support person recommends hard resetting at least once a week.

Thanks again!