Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Bought US Booster (txt and call), but can't txt or call in the US. What do I need to do?

I purchased for my daughter 48h ago the US Booster for Text and Calls. She is now in New York and txt/calls are not working.

We can face time in the hotel via wifi, but I would like to sort it out before she goes touring tomorrow.

Are there any settings she needs to change in her iphone5 or what prevents roaming with home?

The boosters are all active.

Booster Name[b][b][b]Text. Limit# of Texts. Used. Remaining Text Messages. Status.
U.S. Roaming Text Booster. 1000. 1000. 0. 1000. Active.

U.S. Roaming Talk Booster 250 ..... Active.

UPDATE:
She is connected to AT&T and got an error message via TXT after sending a txt:

"You do not have a US ROAMING BOOSTER Add-On, you will not be able to make/receive calls, send/receive texts.... dial 1-866-995-6636 or visit prepaidselveserve.koodomobile.com ....."

2 replies

Userlevel 6
From previous discussion it appears you have to set your network to AT&T manually, and turn data roaming on, even if you are not using data. See link for details:

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/questions-about-the-prepaid-us-roaming-boosters
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
May seem a little obvious, but try re-booting the phone. Plans and features often do not take effect on the handset until the SIM connection gets refreshed during a restart.

If that doesn't work, send Koodo a message on their Facebook page with your account particulars. No point in wasting time on hold while you should be touring.