Koodo Community
Solved

Bonus data

• 24 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello. When I upgraded my phone I got 3 GB data bonus. When I changed my plan I doubled check to make sure that the bonus is separate from the plan if I were to change it. It showed as separated and as part of 24 month promotion plan. I went ahead and changed it. Now that bonus data is gone.
icon

Best answer by Allan M 24 January 2019, 04:17

I believe that its separated as it was to expire after 24 months and that is the only/easiest way to do that. Its still part of the plan though so that you cant do something like this and get an expensive plan with a bunch of bonus data and then switch to a cheaper one.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi,
Some add-on has conditions attached to it. When the condition changed, you might not be able to keep it. For example, the 3GB was eligible when you added the specific plan during promotion. If you changed the plan later when the promo ended, the add-on would not stay.

In your specific case, I would suggest you contact Koodo directly and ask if they can do something for you. (set up a callback through their digital assistant at www.koodo.com/chat)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Some of those “Bonus data” ties into the specific plan or Tab size even tho it’s showing as separate add - on .
So, you could lose those “bonus” when you changed your plan...
Which plan or promo was it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe that its separated as it was to expire after 24 months and that is the only/easiest way to do that. Its still part of the plan though so that you cant do something like this and get an expensive plan with a bunch of bonus data and then switch to a cheaper one.