Koodo Community

Community

Solved

blackberry apn acess - on an iphone?

in my plan description it says i have "blackberry apn acess", but I'm using an iphone, what exactly does that mean? am i directed onto a blackerry service by accident?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Andrew, Did you use to have a blackberry? I know on old ones you had to have a specific add on to be able to use the data on these phones, so that could be it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Andrew, Did you use to have a blackberry? I know on old ones you had to have a specific add...

That's what it is. Since it doesn't prevent you from using other devices people who used legacy legacy bbos had to have it put on for BIS and there's no need to remove it.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Andrew, Did you use to have a blackberry? I know on old ones you had to have a specific add...

oh, i see, ive never had blackberry though, and what exactly is a apn acess? data through blackberry servers or something?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

It's for old BlackBerry services. There's no cost to you and it doesn't prevent your from using your phone in any way so I wouldn't worry about it being there. Your data isn't going through Blackberry servers unless you're using a Blackberry service like BBM.
Mathieu wrote:

thanks everyone! just want to make sure everything is right! biggest concern was if i was paying extra