Koodo Community
Solved

Bill for nothing

I cancelled a new account with Koodo as Bell would not unlock my phone. Never had service and was still charged 5.65 after 3-4 days and Never had service.???? Why????
icon

Best answer by Allan M 21 January 2019, 15:50

The service was supplied to you, you just couldnt get your phone unlocked to use it unfortunately.
You can try contacting Koodo and seeing if they can do you a favor.

On a side note, Bell HAS to unlock your phone. What was the issue that they wouldnt unlock it?

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Even if you didnt have service, if you had an active account with Koodo then you will be charged for the days that the account was active.
well that puts Koodo right up there with Bell for being rip off artists. Charge you for a service that was never supplied. Makes my decision easy when it comes time to seek another provider.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The service was supplied to you, you just couldnt get your phone unlocked to use it unfortunately.
You can try contacting Koodo and seeing if they can do you a favor.

On a side note, Bell HAS to unlock your phone. What was the issue that they wouldnt unlock it?
bell just messed around for more than a week ,did nothing and took 1 cent from a credit card but dinked around with unlocking the phone. I had gone to Koodo but was getting nowhere with Bell so cancelled . just got tired of fighting to get nowhere. Does anyone have a # for Koodo?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tman53 wrote:

bell just messed around for more than a week ,did nothing and took 1 cent from a credit card but dinked around with unlocking the phone. I had gone to Koodo but was getting nowhere with Bell so cancelled . just got tired of fighting to get nowhere. Does anyone have a # for Koodo?

So you would rather fight with koodo over $5.65 instead of fighting Bell for refusing to unlock your device (even thought they are mandated by the CRTC to unlock your phone). #StockholmSyndrome

Bell has to unlock your device. ANd they even started unlocking Bell phones for non-customers too
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bell-telecom-free-phone-unlocking-crtc-1.4517373

This may help
https://support.bell.ca/mobility/unlock_your_bell_device?step=1#displayStep
I am not fighting with Koodo ,just wanted to know what the 5.65 was for if you had read the first one. Bell will unlock my phone for 50.00 i was just told. It is just very frustrating to always have another hand in your pocket and get nothing in return. Allan M answered my question, Thanks Allan M
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tman53 wrote:

I am not fighting with Koodo ,just wanted to know what the 5.65 was for if you had read the first one. Bell will unlock my phone for 50.00 i was just told. It is just very frustrating to always have another hand in your pocket and get nothing in return. Allan M answered my question, Thanks Allan M

Sorry for the misunderstanding. That was not how I interpreted the thread, but I see it now.

When did you sign up for Koodo? That would be when Koodo started charging you. You should be able to view your detailed pdf ebill on self serve. And Bell should not be charging you to unlock your phone if you unlocked it after Dec.1, 2017
January 12 2019 Just spoke with \Bell and was told it would cost 50.00 to unlock it. i will check out the one link you left about free unlocking. Thanks