Koodo Community

Community

Solved

bell cell towers and koodo

with Rogers now, reception is terrible. There is a new Bell tower close to our house, would Koodo phone work off it? Also, does Koodo phones work the same as bell phones on their towers or does Bell restrict signals to koodo and send better signals to bell phones?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bell and Telus share their WCDMA towers. In theory, you should get the same WCDMA network performance whether on Bell, Telus, Koodo, or Virgin. That being said, network performance is also dependent on the particular phone that you're using - some have better radios than others.
Ivan wrote:

Bell and Telus share their WCDMA towers. In theory, you should get the same WCDMA network perform...

I talked to a Bell salesman and he told me that Bell gives the best coverage to bell custommers. Koodo custommers get old technology on the bell cell towers and do not get same great coverage and get more dropped cls. I don't know about that but would like clarification. Same thing was explained to me by another salesman trying to say koodo is at the bottom if the totem pole. Bell virgin, telus yhe. Koodo in terms of call reception and quality over bell towers
Userlevel 2
Koodo has Canada's largest 4G network coverage. So if Koodo doesn't work at your house, no company will. Not a completely accurate statement, but as a standard, Koodo has larger network coverage than Rogers. Hope this helps. Take the plunge!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Smith wrote:

Koodo has Canada's largest 4G network coverage. So if Koodo doesn't work at your house, no compa...

"If Koodo doesn't work in your house, no company will." You shouldn't make statements like that.