Koodo Community

Community

Question

BC is NOT in the US!

I just got dinged with US roaming charges when I was in Victora BC. Has anyone else had this, and how do I reverse these ridiculous charges??

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your phone connected to a US tower because it had the strongest signal. That's what it's designed to do. Since koodo doesn't track your phones physical location, only the tower it connects to, they have no way of knowing that you were not actually in the US unless you call in and tell them. It's called accidental roaming and will generally be reversed as a matter of course.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
To prevent this in the future you can go into your phones settings, click on network, and then choose Koodo rather than find networks automatically. This will ensure you dont accidentally roam again. To reverse the charges just call Koodo or message them through facebook (https://m.me/Koodo) or Twitter dm
Userlevel 5
@ Megan, is the last 2 digits of your phone# 75? I don't see any roaming charges, where are you seeing this?
Userlevel 6
I thought that was part of Trump's latest announcement, that the US purchased Vancouver Island?
Userlevel 6
Jru Gordon wrote:

I thought that was part of Trump's latest announcement, that the US purchased Vancouver Island?

Quite humorous, but let's keep the forum free of politricks 😉