Koodo Community

Community

Solved

BBM and the iphone add on plans

Presently have an iphone without data and would like to use BBM-- On my last phone , a blackberry I was able to purchase an add on just for BBM for 5.00/month is that available for the iphone

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Well, I don't think anyone knows yet what phone companies will do now that blackberry finally worked out the kinks on their bbm service that works on other phones. They just released it so we will probably have to wait to see how it will work, for now it just uses data so you would have to have that in your plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No, you will not be able to purchase this add on, and it isn't available for the new BlackBerry phones either (Q5/10, Z10/30). Older BB phones had a unique way of connecting to the internet and carriers were able to allow some features (like unlimited BBM) without granting you full access to the internet. With iPhones, Androids, and new BBs, that's no longer possible.
Userlevel 2
BBM on iPhone only requires a connection to the Internet, so you would need WiFi or a data plan. With a data plan, you would be connected to BBM at all times and be able to send/receive messages anywhere. If you don't have a data plan and use WiFi only, then you would only be able to use BBM when connected to WiFi.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
quasarito wrote:

BBM on iPhone only requires a connection to the Internet, so you would need WiFi or a data plan. ...

The same goes for BBM on Android as well.
Userlevel 2
quasarito wrote:

BBM on iPhone only requires a connection to the Internet, so you would need WiFi or a data plan. ...

The BBM only addon is only for older Blackberries.