Feedback
Battery Health on CPO XS | Koodo Community
Koodo Community
Question

Battery Health on CPO XS

• 14 September 2021
  • 4 replies

I purchased on Tab in Aug an iPhone XS 256gb in “great condition.” Unfortunately it was a dud and after 20 minutes was way too hot. The replacement arrived today. It looks new, but Apple tells me it is over 3 yrs old, and battery health is 84%, which is not great (so possibly screen was replaced?). The first one was 94%. It took 2 weeks to get a replacement, so I don’t want to do that again. I would just return and get money back.  My questions: How much longer will this battery last before needing a replacement? How much less time will I get from the battery from new? I’m a light to avg user, with not a lot of streaming. I paid so much for this phone that I’ll be chaffed if I need to pay $90 for a battery in 3 months.  

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I purchased on Tab in Aug an iPhone XS 256gb in “great condition.” Unfortunately it was a dud and after 20 minutes was way too hot. The replacement arrived today. It looks new, but Apple tells me it is over 3 yrs old, and battery health is 84%, which is not great (so possibly screen was replaced?). The first one was 94%. It took 2 weeks to get a replacement, so I don’t want to do that again. I would just return and get money back.  My questions: How much longer will this battery last before needing a replacement? How much less time will I get from the battery from new? I’m a light to avg user, with not a lot of streaming. I paid so much for this phone that I’ll be chaffed if I need to pay $90 for a battery in 3 months.  

If your battery health is at 84%, that is pretty poor considering its condition. If you want to return it, you only have 30 days from the date of purchase, so it is best you let them know as soon as possible before it is too late. Make sure to send an email to the Koodo Web Store to get a return slip. You can contact them at koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com.  

Userlevel 3

Im approaching 4 years with the same phone, and my battery is estimated at 66% of design capacity. With similar attention to not to charge it past 80% most of the time, and not letting it sit at 100% charge all night you can hopefully get decent life from yours too...

If your battery health is at 84%, that is pretty poor considering its condition. If you want to return it, you only have 30 days from the date of purchase, so it is best you let them know as soon as possible before it is too late. Make sure to send an email to the Koodo Web Store to get a return slip. You can contact them at koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com.  

Thanks. I think it is poor too. As I stated in message, I have  returned one phone already and don’t have the appetite to do it again.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They are pre owned in the end. You could also check on the used market instead of CPO though Koodo