Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Bad LTE Coverage Olds Alberta and Highway 2 compared to Rogers

Bad LTE coverage compared to Rogers in Olds Alberta and Highway 2 from Airdrie to Red Deer. So I have a iPhone 5s with Rogers and Koodo both unlocked. I have swapped sims between both phones and well I have much better LTE coverage with Rogers in Olds and all along highway 2 corridor between Airdrie and Red Deer. Heck even in Red Deer LTE is more reliable. So Telus / Koodo what are you going to do to actually Compete with Rogers? I thought Bellus. I mean Telus and Bell have the best LTE coverage in Canada. Is the LTE map in Alberta overstated? Is this false advertising? I'm curious as to why Rogers who typically has terrible coverage actually has better coverage in Telus's home turf! Anyone else noticing that Telus/Koodo is falling behind the competition?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi Olds Roamer, Your concerns are important to us, as they help us to ensure that customer satisfaction and customer relations remain a priority for the future. Your feedback is a valuable contribution to our commitments. I recommend to take a look at this link: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3406 from Apple Support forum and follow the instructions. If you need further assistance, feel free to call our Technical Support at 1-866-995-6636 free of charge from a landline. Our hours of operation are: Monday – Friday: 9am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm A Representative will guide you through the troubleshooting steps. We look forward to assisting you! ******************************************** If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Tayeb A wrote:

Hi Olds Roamer, Your concerns are important to us, as they help us to ensure that customer sat...

What a generic answer. There is no problem with both my iPhones this is a clear and obvious problem with the network and a lack of investment in infrastructure to substantiate the claims of the company. I would like to request a Telus Mobility network technician to survey all communities along the highway 2 corridor such as Carstairs, Didsbury, Olds, Bowden, Innisfail, Penhold / Springbrook, Red Deer and have the network either adjusted or have LTE coverage maps updated to reflect true user experience. Phone calls work just fine but data is constantly in 3G which is very disappointing for those who switched from Rogers expecting a better experience.
Userlevel 5
Hi there, To be honest, I have to agree with the OP on this one. I recently moved to Koodo from Rogers and though I'm more than happy with the service in general, I find my iPhone 6 reverting to 3G vs. LTE in several areas downtown Toronto (i.e. main floor of a building) where I used to always get LTE with Rogers. Again, I'm still fully happy with Koodo vs. Rogers in terms of service but from a coverage perspective, I have to give Rogers the edge on this one. Peter