Koodo Community
Solved

Automated message when switching phone number

• 3 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Is there a way to have an Automated message when switching phone numbers to let people know the new number to call? 

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Sophia 3 October 2020, 02:57

There is one other possibility, but that would only work if you aren’t currently attached to your plan/Tab/etc.

You could port your number to a VOIP service (or, if you prefer, cheap prepaid account such as 7-11 Speakout). Then you can keep that number as long as you need, even indefinitely, with a voicemail referring to your new number.

It would however mean having to sign up for a new line with a new number so I’m not sure if that’s going to be worth all the trouble… but just wanted it out there.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are about to port a number to replace a temporary koodo phone number, you could record a voicemail message, on the voicemail of the phone with the ‘temporary koodo number’ , notifying of the impending number change. I hope that this proposed solution is relevant to your scenario. If not, please elaborate.

Thanks for your answer. I have moved and I am thinking about getting a local number, but would like to have a message to let people know that my phone number has changed. I have lost my contacts a while back, so can’t let everyone know that I have a new number. I am still in the same province, but local people have to call long distance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For the time being, why don’t you record a voice mail message that tells callers that you are about to change your number and ask them to text you their email address (to be used to provide them  later on with the new number).  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There is one other possibility, but that would only work if you aren’t currently attached to your plan/Tab/etc.

You could port your number to a VOIP service (or, if you prefer, cheap prepaid account such as 7-11 Speakout). Then you can keep that number as long as you need, even indefinitely, with a voicemail referring to your new number.

It would however mean having to sign up for a new line with a new number so I’m not sure if that’s going to be worth all the trouble… but just wanted it out there.

Thanks so much!  I will think about what would be best. I am also going to look at the possibility of a landline for the locals and power outages which we have quite frequently on the island I live on. That way I can just keep my number that I had for years.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For a landline alternative, check out https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/wireless-home-phone

It has a built in battery so for power outages less than a day you're still able to be reached.

I think it's a lot cheaper than an actual landline and just as good really...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just got myself prepaid 7-11 Speakout SIM for a similar (separate voicemail) use as yours. I paid $10 for the SIM and $25 for a call+text for 365 days. I can retrieve voicemail messages from any phone by calling my Speakout number followed by a #.  Thanks to you and @Sophia , I found a cost-effective solution for my long standing problem.  And yes, I was also considering Voip but this is a 2 for 1 solution for me. Thanks!