Koodo Community

Community

Solved

ATTENTION ALL PHONE EXPERTS: HELP ME.

Can I buy an iphone off of kijiji that was a replacement phone with a 90 day warranty and still have it work, or because it is just a replacement will it stop working in 90 days? HELP. This may be a stupid question but I've confused myself lol

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it's compatible with Koodo's frequencies then it will work if it's unlocked or a koodo or telus phone. However keep in mind that you should make sure that the phone works with a SIM Card, also make sure the phone isn't flagged as stolen with the provider it's from.
Userlevel 5
The phone will work fine (as long as its a Koodo/Telus phone or is unlocked). It's just after 90 days if there's any problems with it you will have to pay to have it repaired.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
After you buy it from kijiji dont expect that 90 warranty to still be good. Sounds like a warranty from the iphone's original carrier
Userlevel 5
Dennis wrote:

After you buy it from kijiji dont expect that 90 warranty to still be good. Sounds like a warran...

Just be careful buying phones on sites like kijiji and make sure they are good quality. As long as it is a Koodo/Telus phone, it should work. You can always unlock if you want.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
An replacement phone won't break after 90 days. It will still work! Also, during those 90 days, you can get it exchanged at an Apple Store if there's a problem with it. Even if it's bought from Kijiji.