Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Are you able to purchase an iPhone 4s without the data plan?

My kids of course asking for the iPhone for Christmas but I do not want to pay $70/month for each of these…can it be purchased and activated that they only get call / text

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes. You can take $150 off the price with a Tab S, or $300 off the price with a Tab M (minimum$30/month plan + $5/month tab fee for 24 months).
Great - thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Make sure when activating them you get a data block put on them from the person who is setting them up at the kiosk or by calling customer service. That way there is absolutely no way that they will be able to access data no matter what they do on the phone. This will help avoid large bills for data that first time users often can run up beyond belief and will save you some frustration.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Or you can go prepaid. You can the iphone outright (I would recommend getting it direct from the Apple store so the phones come unlocked) Then it's a base plan of $15 /month for unlimited texting and $25 for 500mins that roll over every month until you use all the mins as long as you keep your base plan active. It's a higher upfront cost but 500mins takes forever to use up and $15/month is as cheap as it gets
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I recommend a data block add on too. they can still access to wifi and enjoy browsing Facebook, game...etc.
Userlevel 7
You could consider looking around for the iPhone 4. They're discontinued at this point but there should still be stock floating around if you call retailers and ask. They're $300 retail or $0 on Medium Tab ($30 plan + $5 for Tab charge) over 24 months, which is a better deal for you.