Koodo Community
Question

AppleCare with different phone

• 3 August 2019
  • 6 replies

I purchased AppleCare with my iphone SE but now have an iphone 6 that I did not purchase in the store, does my AppleCare still cover the new phone?

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Apple care covers the phone it was purchased for, so that even if the phone was sold the new owner could use it. It won’t cover a different phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pretty sure that if you can't do it self-serve you'll have to send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter and request to have your new phone covered and it should switch over.
Userlevel 3
Pretty sure that if you can't do it self-serve you'll have to send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter and request to have your new phone covered and it should switch over.

That might be possible with Koodo’s Protection Plan but I don’t think it works with AppleCare.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That might be possible with Koodo’s Protection Plan but I don’t think it works with AppleCare.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202712

Found this. Seems like if you're paying monthly it stays with your Apple ID otherwise it stays with the device you got it with.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Apple care covers the phone it was purchased for, so that even if the phone was sold the new owner could use it. It won’t cover a different phone.
You can ask for a refund of the unused portion.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you paid up front for it then I dont think there is anything you can do.
If you pay monthly for it then you can just have it swapped over. (Given that the new phone isnt a used one but was bought new or within the 60 days from purchase)