Koodo Community

Apple Watch Support!

• 24 October 2018
  • 13 replies

Its the most popular watch in the world. Surely your market research team has realized this brilliant observation. In case they missed it, FIRE THEM! You guy need to get on this and offer this service. Its a no brainer for increasing revenue. Also please introduce e-sim support.

Thanks

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I totally agree with the e-SIM support. But with the Apple watch I believe you need to go with Telus to have it supported. That's how they don't steal business from Telus.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
There are many other thread about this... Koodo/Telus realized that watch, but they would keep it for Telus brand. If you want the watch (without firing any employees), you could join Telus. Koodo won't likely support LTE watch in the short term.
Not the point, rule of business, you grow revenue. Competition dictates how customers flow, not directing them based on holding out. Koodo operates as a separate entity, hence should be looking for revenues as such. The answers go to telus is the most business retarded thing I have heard. Anyways seems like most of the people here are happy with jumping ship rather then demand a better service experience. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not the point, rule of business, you grow revenue. Competition dictates how customers flow, not directing them based on holding out. Koodo operates as a separate entity, hence should be looking for revenues as such. The answers go to telus is the most business retarded thing I have heard. Anyways seems like most of the people here are happy with jumping ship rather then demand a better service experience. Thanks

If Koodo support it, Telus customers would flood Koodo and they lose revenue from those as those pay much higher price for rateplans. Fido and Virgin Mobile would follow, if Koodo does. There would be hardly new customers from those 2. They won't gain revenue but losing their own.

They properly would support it if the demands were high enough, and the watch revenue was substantial. But $10/month is a tough sell for them.
Userlevel 3
Vote this up if you want eSIM: https://community.koodomobile.com/ideas-4/esim-7790742
Userlevel 3

Not the point, rule of business, you grow revenue. Competition dictates how customers flow, not directing them based on holding out. Koodo operates as a separate entity, hence should be looking for revenues as such. The answers go to telus is the most business retarded thing I have heard. Anyways seems like most of the people here are happy with jumping ship rather then demand a better service experience. ThanksIf Koodo support it, Telus customers would flood Koodo and they lose revenue from those as those pay much higher price for rateplans. Fido and Virgin Mobile would follow, if Koodo does. There would be hardly new customers from those 2. They won't gain revenue but losing their own.

They properly would support it if the demands were high enough, and the watch revenue was substantial. But $10/month is a tough sell for them.

If that was the case, Felus would stop existing and Vidéotron never would have launched Fizz
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We've been told a few times that the demand simply isnt there for watch support yet. I'm sure that if it was of big enough demand and they could make it work that they would find a way.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If Koodo support it, Telus customers would flood Koodo and they lose revenue from those as those pay much higher price for rateplans. Fido and Virgin Mobile would follow, if Koodo does. There would be hardly new customers from those 2. They won't gain revenue but losing their own.

If that was the case, Felus would stop existing and Vidéotron never would have launched Fizz

Not really. There is still market demand for "cheaper" providers like Koodo, Virgin, PM, Lucky, Fido, and Chatr. Some customers are price-constrained, so rather than having no discounted options, Bell/Telus/Rogers offer those discounted brands, but they are less feature-rich than their higher-revenue first tier/flagship brands. If you want the latest features the quickest, you have to pay for that privilege by patronizing one of the flagship brands. It's a pretty simple market differentiation. Just because some Koodo customers want eSIM support and Watch plans (and other things like say RCS), doesn't mean Telus has to provide it any time soon.
I’m planning to buy an Apple Watch and would willing pay extra for the support. Bell is trying to lure me away by offering to double my data for the same price of the plan I’m paying with koodo. Just saying guys.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I’m planning to buy an Apple Watch and would willing pay extra for the support. Bell is trying to lure me away by offering to double my data for the same price of the plan I’m paying with koodo. Just saying guys.....
https://community.koodomobile.com/other-80596/apple-watch-lte-support-petition-7669086
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No need to post the same thing multiple times. If you can get double the data at no extra cost and the ability to use another device that you plan to buy, what's holding you back?

How is this even a discussion? This is 2020 and not 1987 right?? If you have the ability to enable a function to keep your client happy you do it, or am I out to lunch? Regardless of Koodo or Telus the big guys are still getting their money. This is unbelievable that in this day and age a simple function as LTE for an Apple Watch has to go this far. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How is this even a discussion? This is 2020 and not 1987 right?? If you have the ability to enable a function to keep your client happy you do it, or am I out to lunch? Regardless of Koodo or Telus the big guys are still getting their money. This is unbelievable that in this day and age a simple function as LTE for an Apple Watch has to go this far. 

I bet the demand is minimal.  Koodo wont do it unless many many customers will sign up for it