Koodo Community

Community

Apple Watch LTE support

Userlevel 1
Times are changing and Koodo shall also be planning on getting Apple Watch LTE support, atleast Apple Watch 4 coming next year. Apple Watch isn’t an product like iPad and niche isn’t very small, Apple Watch is a future product for students, fitness enthusiasts, business people and even old people as a safety tool. Telus has been very reluctant in making the Koodo experience better and needs to show some love. Fido offers Spotify, data bytes and virgin mobile has many member perks such as Starbucks, movie tickets etc. Koodo? Nothing. Atleast be on par with new technology. I do not see myself staying with Koodo if Apple Watch isn’t announced to be supported next year. I mean I get it as a second tier brand, necessary things may be delayed but excluded because big brand wants to keep that feature to himself.

20 replies

I get exactly where you're coming from, and agree...however I believe the Apple Watch IS more of a niche product than something like iPad. I have an Apple Watch, but don't see a lot of them in the wild.

Keep in mind as well...at this point, there are exactly 2 carriers in Canada that support it. I think we may be waiting a while for the flanker brands to get it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
pg_72 wrote:

I get exactly where you're coming from, and agree...however I believe the Apple Watch IS more of ...

You are right pg_72.

@Manpreet, there are very few people wanting this and for now we made the decision not to pursue this. Once numbers grow significantly and we'll look at it again. 
pg_72 wrote:

I get exactly where you're coming from, and agree...however I believe the Apple Watch IS more of ...

I am a koodo customer and I am waiting for you to come out with Apple watch if you're not moving forward  you're  moving backwards  . Do you have it now? How about now. Oh and I have six phones on your  network.Thanks Bruce
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
pg_72 wrote:

Koodo doesn't sell or support the apple watch at this time.
Userlevel 1
pg_72 wrote:

Has Koodo officially made a statement one way or the other about Apple Watch LTE support? Seriously, I don't want to jump ship to Telus.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
pg_72 wrote:

hi Daren
A Koodo agent, Bernard just made a statement above "[i]th[i]ere are very few people wanting this and for now we made the decision not to pursue this. Once numbers grow significantly and we'll look at it again"

Userlevel 1
pg_72 wrote:

I wonder where I register my request for Apple Watch 3 support? I keep getting responses from the twitter account via private message that no decision has been made. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
pg_72 wrote:

Try creating a New Post choosing Idea as the category.
Userlevel 1
pg_72 wrote:

Eh Koodo, making plea again 😞. I don’t wanna carry my phone anymore while running. It’s also a very enticing feature for maketing as well, as none of the competitors have it. You will only make money after the initial deployment.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
pg_72 wrote:

See above: it's gonna take much greater numbers for Koodo to decide to do so. That's all there is to it I'm afraid.
pg_72 wrote:

They would first need to see how many existing iPhone owners are on their network... guess at how many of them are interested in dropping money  on an Apple Watch LTE or already have another model of Apple Watch and would be interested in upgrading if LTE was an option. 
They might consider it if a bunch of iPhone users jump ship, but how many are hopping to Telus? Is that business really lost?
How much of an investment is it to launch the infrastructure required to support Apple Watch LTE? I have no idea. 
Will they also sell Apple Watch? Is that profitable?

Wouldn't it be cool if they could bundle it when you buy a new iPhone? How many consumers would be more likely to buy one if they received a discount since they're upgrading their phone anyway?
Wouldn't it be neat if Apple had incentives for carriers to carry and sell Apple Watch with iPhone?

Let's say it's an option. Will we share data from our phone plan? Will people upgrade plans for more data? How many will want the option but then hardly use it, ending up unhappy and making a change anyway?
Will your watch have a separate plan, so you don't max all your data on your watch?
I haven't looked into how it works with existing carriers. 

The pricing would need to be right for continued service, and data is already too expensive, for all of Ontario.

We can speculate ... but unless they can determine it will make them money, it's not going to happen. 

I'm also waiting on Koodo with apple watch 3. I upgraded from apple watch 1 to 3 for this specific purpose. Now I'm stuck on a two year Koodo deal and no support for the watch. If this doesn't change I'll bail and go with another carrier.
Would be great if Koodo supported Apple Watch. They eventually came around on VoLTE, which took far too long. Seems the lengthy process is happening with the Watch, if it ever is added a plan....
Userlevel 1
Will you be supporting Series 4? This is a major consideration with many new devices requiring eSim. The new iPads will likely have them too. Can you please launch support for this?
Userlevel 1
Please add support to Apple Watch !!!
Userlevel 1
pg_72 wrote:

I get exactly where you're coming from, and agree...however I believe the Apple Watch IS more of a niche product than something like iPad. I have an Apple Watch, but don't see a lot of them in the wild.

Keep in mind as well...at this point, there are exactly 2 carriers in Canada that support it. I think we may be waiting a while for the flanker brands to get it.

It's not only the most popular smart watch in the world, it is the most popular watch.
Userlevel 1
Bernard Koodo wrote:

pg_72 wrote:

You are right pg_72.

@Manpreet, there are very few people wanting this and for now we made the decision not to pursue this. Once numbers grow significantly and we'll look at it again.

Hi Bernard, Please look at the recent posts. There is a lot of demand for this. People are going online and requesting it, but for everyone that requests it there’s another 100 people who would pay for it and just didn’t come on this forum to post about it. I don’t want to change providers, but in order to do that I need Apple Watch support. Telus has already done the hard part for you. Please see all the requests and escalate the issue so someone can try to implement this.
Userlevel 1
Please add support for the Apple Watch 3/4! I don't want to switch providers but will if we don't see anything from Koodo.

Already moved my girlfriend's line as she ordered an AW4. Still have 2 more lines with Koodo and we will both need AW support.
Please add support for Apple Watch.
Like many others the Apple Watch Series 4 captivated our attention! We are a long time 3 person Koodo family customer. However since both my wife and I are enthralled with the potential the new Apple Watch has for our life style, I have been checking out plans from the providers that support the Apple Watch, and will be forced to leave Koodo. Not happy. This is the best selling watch of any type in the world and Koodo is snubbing it, go figure?