Koodo Community
Question

Anyone else only receiving partial voicemail notifications?

• 7 November 2019
  • 4 replies

I am not sure, this may have started since updating to iOS 13. Now, whenever a caller leaves a voicemail message I no longer receive the usual voicemail alert that shows new voicemail. Instead, I have to go to my “Phone” and I will see the red dot next to the voicemail icon, otherwise, I have no notification.  I am subscribed to basic voicemail. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

4 replies

Badge +4

Have you tried restarting your iPhone?

If that doesn’t work, try resetting your iPhones’ network settings.

Go to: Settings > General - scroll down and tap reset. Select, Reset Network Settings. Enter your passcode, (if applicable). Tap ‘Reset Network Settings’. Wait for your iPhone to reboot.

Note: this procedure re-enables cellular data, (if previously turned off), erases saved Wi-Fi passwords and Bluetooth devices will need to be paired again.

I’m having the same issue but before I wasn’t receiving a notification at all I had to call my voicemail, now I won’t have a red dot notification on my main phone app on home screen but once I click that I’ll have a red dot notification on the voicemail tab, I’m just glad I’m being notified at all that I have a voicemail which is good but not the same as it was before where I would have a red notification circle with a number in it. I have tried all the resets and everything restoring and it did help a bit to get to where you’re at for me

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m having the same issue but before I wasn’t receiving a notification at all I had to call my voicemail, now I won’t have a red dot notification on my main phone app on home screen but once I click that I’ll have a red dot notification on the voicemail tab, I’m just glad I’m being notified at all that I have a voicemail which is good but not the same as it was before where I would have a red notification circle with a number in it. I have tried all the resets and everything restoring and it did help a bit to get to where you’re at for me

That is visual VM and it’s a feature Koodo offers for 2$/month. If you had it before, you were probably with another company? 

Hello, I had a voicemail notifications problem with my iphone 8 after updating to OS 13. I try multiple things ( Reset settings, Network settings, toggle on/off the notifications, hard reset) without success, I’ve contacted apple support for further troubleshooting. The apple rep wasn’t really helpful since most of the troubleshooting was already done but, they recommended to call my carrier (koodo) for a voicemail reset. So I called Koodo for a VM reset. Not working either!    

Here’s the solution: 

I added Visual VM, then try to call and leave a voicemail. VOILA! Notifications on the lockscreen, notification in the center too.

So I removed the add on visual voicemail and my notifications still continue to be push!