Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Any suggestions?

I switched my mobile phone # over to Koodo today from Bell (about 6 hours ago), and my messages are still being sent to my old phone, however I can reply off of my new one. Any suggestions?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have an iPhone and happen to be using iMessage? When sending texts are they both being sent by the same number or different ones? I believe that when you port you are given a temporary number until it has been successfully ported out. Chances are you wont be able to send texts from the old phone come tomorrow.
Allan wrote:

Do you have an iPhone and happen to be using iMessage? When sending texts are they both being sen...

I have an iphone, but not using iMessage.. I transferred my mobile number, so essentially both phones have the same # right now. But okay, fingers crossed! Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Allan wrote:

Do you have an iPhone and happen to be using iMessage? When sending texts are they both being sen...

It can take up to 24 hrs (more if you transferred a land line) for the servers to update and route messages to the correct phone number. It normally happens around 3am. Thinga should be okay tomorrow.
Allan wrote:

Ahh, still have nothing.....

Allan wrote:

Thanks, Goran. Just frustrating because the representative said within 10-20 minutes I could use it. I wouldn't have spent $200 yesterday on a new phone if I didn't need one (My current phone is broken). 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

The porting process involves multiple levels of service being switched over, hence you having not quite full service. It's unfortunate but there's never guarantees of it switching swiftly and smoothly.
Userlevel 6
Allan wrote:

I've found in my experiences that porting usually takes anywhere from 30 minutes to 2.5 hours, but in some cases it can take up to 24-48 hours.  It can also depend on how much info from the previous carrier (IMEI, account number, account PIN) was provided to the new carrier
Userlevel 1
Allan wrote:

No one answers when I ask a question here but as the eternal optomist I'm going to try again.  I wish to pay off my Medium Tab balance of 258.00 but I just paid my monthly bill of 78.69 a few minutes ago and when I tried to pay off tab it seemed that I would have had to pay it with my phone bill.  My question is if I pay the $258 separately now will they accept it. Would so appreciate an imminent answer as I wish to take care of this now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Lynda, I went through threads you created or replied to and everything seems to have been answered.
I don't believe that you can separately pay for your phone like that. When you choose to pay off your tab it gets put on to your next bill. As well it will be $258 + tax.
If you choose to pay Koodo right now it will be put on your account as a positive balance until your next bill is due in which then, your phone will be officially paid off. 
Userlevel 1
Allan wrote:

I probably posted them wrong before as I did make a few comments but thanks for getting right back to me. I pay my bill in online banking and why wouldn't they just accept the both payments this month. I just paid the bill 20 min or so ago. If I paid the tab balance now why wouldn't that work as a positive balance and be paid off. Sorry for being a pest.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

You can. As Allan already said, any payments over and above the amount currently owing will simply dtay on your account as a positive credit, which would be applied against any charges owing on your next bill.
Userlevel 1
Allan wrote:

Thanks so much....appreciate your help.  Have a great day my friend!! >)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's the weekend and it takes longer in general then. Monday should be fine. If nothing still you can always send a private message to Koodo via Facebook or DM via Twitter asking about the status but its one of those things that get done when they get done.