Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Any koodo settings that would stop my iphone from connecting to wi-fi?

My new iPhone 5s is connecting to my home wi-fi, however when I try to google something or go on youtube, it doesn't work. It works perfectly fine with my Koodo LTE. I contacted my wi-fi provider, and they couldn't find a problem. Then I contacted Apple and sent them my diagnostics. They said that they couldn't find anything wrong with my phone, and told me to contact my telephone provider, witch I am doing now. HELP!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Jacob, Koodo definitely does not block WiFi 🙂 Did you try reset your router and see if you can connect then?
Userlevel 6
Not sure why Apple would tell you to contact your provider. Phones connect to wi-fi without a SIM card in them, so it really has nothing to do with phone companies. I would call Apple back.
Userlevel 7
Have you tried resetting the network settings and then adding your WiFi info to the phone again?
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Have you tried resetting the network settings and then adding your WiFi info to the phone again?

At the risk of Mirroring, (and I alsostarred tthe response) I second the act of restarting the router. I have more on a timer and it resets every morning at 3am
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

+1 Chad's suggestion
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Ugh, more = mine
Userlevel 5
I would hazard a guess that the problem is more than likely something from your internet provider. Does google or youtube work when you're connected to wifi anywhere else? If it doesn't work after doing what Sophia and Jonathan suggested but works elsewhere the problem is with your router or your provider for sure. I find usually the routers provided to me by the ISP are awful and I've invested in a better one I use instead.