Koodo Community

Community

Alert for minutes

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I know you guys have this for data usage, but it would be nice for you guys to have it for airtime minutes too! I know alot of companies make money on those extra used minutes, but it's your choice to choose whether to put something like this on, or not!

22 replies

Userlevel 6
There is a gazillion apps already that track your minutes just download one of them. http://android.appstorm.net/roundups/40-apps-to-track-your-life/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well I know there is! There is also the mobile koodo app... But the whole point of this is not to check everytime! Also, I don't think most of those apps round by the highest minutes! Do they?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Well I know there is! There is also the mobile koodo app... But the whole point of this is not to...

There are apps that alert you when you reach a pre determined amount of minutes that's set by you. You don't have to check it because it will alert you when your getting close to your set minutes & then when you hit the set amount of minutes.
Userlevel 5
Robert wrote:

Well I know there is! There is also the mobile koodo app... But the whole point of this is not to...

The app also updates itself every few days or so; therefore, it's not really accurate all the time.
Robert wrote:

Yeah, I'd rather be alerted by Koodo too.  I wish they would make this happen.
Robert wrote:

You keep saying "there are apps" Can you name a few? I can't seem to find ones that will alert me. Lots to monitor, but not ones that will alert me when I'm running low on minutes...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

What phone do you have?
Robert wrote:

samsung galaxy
(SGH-1747M. Andriod 4.4.2)
Badge +4
Many devices have minute minders with audible alerts. Doesn't really pertain to me now as I have unlimited minutes. Prior to that, a quick glance would tell me how many minutes and seconds I'd talked by viewing the in-call timer. Rounding off to the next minute is pretty simple. As Chris mentioned, there are quite a number of minute minding apps out there as well.
Userlevel 2
Hey Robert, airtime notifications is definitely a nice idea. We'll take it under consideration. Should a decision be made, we will let everyone know 🙂.
MykeC wrote:

Hey Robert, airtime notifications is definitely a nice idea. We'll take it under consideration. S...

Has there been a decision yet? 8 months is a long time.
Badge +4
MykeC wrote:

Hey Robert, airtime notifications is definitely a nice idea. We'll take it under consideration. S...

Doesn't appear any decision has been made as of yet. If you need to monitor minutes, here's an example of an app that'll do just that, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=min.tracker
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MykeC wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. But I never get over. Just had this idea for people who don't have that many minutes!
Badge +4
MykeC wrote:

Hey Robert, just giving Dean an update. Wanted to add that my S2x has a minute minder function where you can set an alert that will sound for each minute talked. Dean should check to see if his phone has this feature already.
Userlevel 3
MykeC wrote:

I have the S2x, where do you find the minute minder function? Thanks!
Badge +4
MykeC wrote:

Tap the Phone icon so that you can see the phone dialpad, tap the Menu soft-key* (button to the left of the Home soft-key) a menu will appear, tap Call Settings, tap Call alert, tap Call status tones - enable or check off Minute minder, tap OK. Tap the Back or Home softkey to exit Settings.
MykeC wrote:

yes please add this feature so I get a text when I've reached 90 percent of my limit... I just got done by going over my minutes... its a real bummer when your on the phone for 10 seconds and it rounds up to 1 minute.... technically I am way under my minutes but you guys have ripped me a new one by rounding up 😛

Apps aren't accurate and an alert from Koodo means that you know for sure that you have reached your limit. It's also good for legally keeping track of thing for both customers and Koodo. I suggest that there is an optional alert for all of the included limited tiers in a plan, not just data or airtime.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Liv-Anita Dahl wrote:

Apps aren't accurate and an alert from Koodo means that you know for sure that you have reached y...

Since Koodo does alert us of our data limits, this isn't much of a stretch.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Why has it become not planned?
Koooooddoooo, alert for minute please
Hear, hear! I second the motion! 😛
Please koodo, set up an alert for our minutes.