Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Airtime usage : why am I being charged?

Hi, 

In my last bill, I had to pay for extra Airtime usage. My plan includes "Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes". 

When I look at the details of this extra airtime usage, most of those calls are from my own phone number.  I don't understand how this makes sense. 

Thank you for looking into this, and explaining me these charges. 

-William 

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi William,

You can actually view the charges yourself, download the bill, look at page 3 and onward to see what the extra airtime was charged for. My guess is it might have been you made an international call, or perhaps you changed your plan halfway through the billing period.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you forward calls to another number? If so, that has a charge outside your included minutes.
Hi Sophia, 

I know I can and that is what I did.

As I said, when I look at the details in the bill, the extra airtime where for calls received from my own number- why would I be calling myself? I don't understand these specific charges. 

I didn't make any international calls or change my plan, so thanks for looking into it ... 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
William Butcher wrote:

Hi Sophia, 

As I said, when I look at the details in...

Hmm, strange... can you post a screenshot of that part (without personal information of course, you can black out your number)?

Did you port in your number on that date by any chance?
William Butcher wrote:

Hi Sophia, 

As I said, when I look at the details in...

here is the screenshot of my bill. 514-805-9667 is my number. 

What do you mean by "port in" my number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ William, the charges are for roaming in the US from Oct 18th. The call details for these are on page 5 of the pdf bill.
Bernard wrote:

@ William, the charges are for roaming in the US from Oct 18th. The call details for these are on...

so I have to pay for calls I received while in the US?

Thank you for your help 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@ William, the charges are for roaming in the US from Oct 18th. The call details for these are on...

Receive or make. Yes. You can purchase add-ons that give you a set of minutes, texts or data or all. Check them out here:https://www.koodomobile.com/add-ons?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Addons 
Bernard wrote:

Why am i being charged air time when im in the uk ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Are you making calls while in the UK?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi William - this is for the phone number ending with 67, correct?
If so, additional charges this month are for the following reasons:
1. Phone calls and text message usage while travelling in the U.S.(these were pay-per-use as you didn't have a roaming add-on)
2. A long distance call placed from your home region to the U.S.

In the future, take a look at our roaming options when travelling as it would save you some money, depending on your needs (talk/text/data). Packages range from 3, 10, and 30-day options. Let us know if you have questions about these or anything else.
One last question:

I also had to pay an extra 5.00$ due to "data & sms".

when I open the bill to look at the details, it only says 0.00$ everywhere, so I am wondering where I went over my plan. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
William Butcher wrote:

One last question:

I also had to pay an extra 5.00$ due to "data & sms".

when I open the b...

Your first outgoing text while connected to a US carrier is $5. The next 99 within the same billing period are free. Incoming texts are free.  That is the most likely charge equalling $5.