Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Advice!

Hi could I sign up for a new activation and get the.gift card ($100) and also keep my current plan? So, here's the situation: I broke my phone so need to get a new one. Best buy has the $100 promotion. My current account/plan is under my sister's name b/c I wasn't with her when it was activated. I have a Christmas plan. Can I keep the number and the plan? would a new phone/tab be enough to qualify me? Or I change my plan to a $29 for a couple months and then just change it back in December? Or Keep what I have and go get a phone at koodo. Advice?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
The.gift card is for new activations only. Upgrades don't count. The benefit you have is keeping your old plan when you upgrade, whereas a new customer won't have that value. You could add a line to your account on the cheapest plan, get the.gift card, and then cancel after 30 days to pay out the Tab but that's it.
Jonathan I wrote:

The.gift card is for new activations only. Upgrades don't count. The benefit you have is keeping ...

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. The first part at least. 🙂 My plan is: $30 150 anytime Canada-wide calling minutes, 200 mb of data, overage at 2 cents per mb They might not bring that back..
Userlevel 5
Jonathan I wrote:

The.gift card is for new activations only. Upgrades don't count. The benefit you have is keeping ...

I think I have the same plan as you MS. It's most likely that they will not bring that plan back especially after they changed the 2 year guaranteed, all the plans have become a bit more pricey. I would keep the plan imo unless you plan to get a new one.