Koodo Community

Community

Adding own iPhone to existing line

Userlevel 1
I want to add my wife iPhone to my account, but her iPhone is locked to Rogers. 1)Can Koodo unlock the iPhone and add it to my account 2)can we share data with a different phone number 3) Do,I have to add it with new plan? 4) Does Koodo has discount for multiple phones in one account Thanks. Alex

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rogers has to unlock the phone. You cant share data, you have to add the phone as a new line with a new plan. There is no discount put you will get unlimited calling between the two lines on the same account. If you qualify, you can get the byod promo. $10/month for 6 months.
Userlevel 1
Thanks, is Rogers the only company that can unlock the iPhone??,,,the new line will be under my new account so I paid one bill for both lines, am I right? Thanks,,take care
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chappy wrote:

Thanks, is Rogers the only company that can unlock the iPhone??,,,the new line will be under my n...

There are 3rd party through eBay can unlock your iPhone. But it will be more expensive than using Rogers. And yes, you will pay for both lines if you add her under your account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chappy wrote:

Thanks, is Rogers the only company that can unlock the iPhone??,,,the new line will be under my n...

If you can wait until December 1, 2017, unlocking will be free by then
Userlevel 1
Chappy wrote:

Thank you for your time,,Dec1-2017.. koodo will provide free unlocking or what's this news about, please share,,I
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chappy wrote:

Carriers must unlock their own phones for free and sell unlocked phones as of Dec1
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/crtc-to-ban-unlocking-fees-for-smartphones/articl...

Userlevel 1
Chappy wrote:

Thanks for the info,,that's cool bye