Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Adding a second line to my account

I called Koodo customer support recently to add a new line to my account. I was told to go to a kiosk because this was not possible over the phone. Has anybody had this issue before?

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi Alex, that's correct, you'll need to go to a Koodo Shop or you can log into your Self Serve account to select the phone you want to add. Simply click on the phone you want and add to cart.  You'll then be asked via a pop up message if you want to add a line or buy a new phone and follow the rest of the instructions from there.  
Josie wrote:

Hi Alex, that's correct, you'll need to go to a Koodo Shop or you can log into your Self Serve ac...

Josie, I have an account with 1 phone on it. I purchased a second phone and requested a new phone number when I ordered the phone online. Today after receiving the new phone I went online, found the Koodo screen to add a new phone line but, I only have the option to change the current phone's number. How do I get my second line activated? Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Josie wrote:

Hi Alex, that's correct, you'll need to go to a Koodo Shop or you can log into your Self Serve ac...

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/how-do-i-get-a-new-phone-number-for-my-new-second-phone-on-my-account
Is there a way to get another line in self serve without ordering a phone? I already have a SIM that I purchased from a kiosk and will not be needing a phone.
Userlevel 5
Alex Khamis wrote:

Is there a way to get another line in self serve without ordering a phone? I already have a SIM t...

Hi Alex, assuming the phone you have works on the Koodo network, was the Koodo SIM card you bought not activated at the Koodo shop? If yes, all you need to do is insert the new SIM in the phone you already have.  If no, you'll need to go to a Koodo Shop to get the SIM card activated on a plan of your choosing and they'll also assign a phone number.  
Alex Khamis wrote:

Is there a way to get another line in self serve without ordering a phone? I already have a SIM t...

Koodo should consider another way of adding the new line to an existing account, for example adding the new line (new sim) online by typing up the new number. I would like to add a new line to the existing account  without using an actual phone as the new sim card is now in another province being used by a family member. 
All i need is to add the new sim card to my account so i could access the bill and pay it. 

Extremely inconvenient.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alex Khamis wrote:

Go to the Koodo website and take a look at the phone page. At the bottom select a SIM card, choose Add a Line, choose a plan, and you're all set.
Alex Khamis wrote:

I went into a kiosk today and got a second account, SIM card and #. I don't need a phone. I was told I could go home and add the new account to my existing one by going to myselfserve, but I see zero options for this. Am I doing something wrong? I don't need to buy another SIM card. I just want to add this new account # to my current one. Help!
Userlevel 7
Alex Khamis wrote:

That seems odd. Are you on prepaid?
Alex Khamis wrote:

Nope, I'm on postpaid. I've been through every single area in self serve and can't see the option to add a new account anywhere. I might have to call 611 and see if they can do it.
Userlevel 7
Alex Khamis wrote:

If you're on postpaid is the original phone in your name? It's not possible to have two accounts with the same billing information as far as I recall.