Koodo Community

Community

Solved

add ons

Adding "Add ons" function not working this morning?  I'm trying to add on monthly call forwarding to my two numbers (which I've done many times over the years when I travel, so familiar with it), both via the website and via the app, the website only shows me one possible add-on "Data Block w/Pic Msg", and the app just gives me an error "we're unable to process your request" - any help, even if knowledge that this is a temporary problem?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
James, is the account under your name? And what city are you in?
Userlevel 3
I found call forward under Other in add-ons using the App. Is this where you were having an issue?
Bernard: Account is under Louise (my wife), we each have a number under that account ; I'm in Toronto

grampad: Yes, after selecting it, I then get an error.  Via the web page, I only see the add on as indicated in attached

Userlevel 6
James Reed wrote:

Bernard: Account is under Louise (my wife), we each have a number under that account ; I'm in Tor...

Hey James, looks odd! Looked at your account and you are definitely eligible for the call forwarding add-on.  Can you try clearing your cookies & cache and restarting your browser? If it doesn't work, please give us a call and let the rep know that you've tried on your self-serve and it's not working.  Thank you!
Userlevel 2
James Reed wrote:

Bernard: Account is under Louise (my wife), we each have a number under that account ; I'm in Tor...

I, and a few of my friends have been having the same issues. I think this is a wide-spread issue affecting every single Koodo customer but they're not aware of it because not many people try and add any add-ons regularly. 

I've called Koodo a few times for the issue, they're able to manually add it on, but that's very inconvenient, have even reset my self-serve and the same issue. My friend is having the same issue, we're all located in Toronto - so this might be a Toronto issue or a universal issue, do you have any test accounts where you're able to add add-ons in self-serve and replicate the issue? I'm pretty sure it's universal (as 3 separate friends, so 5 of us in total, including me and James) are having the exact same issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
James Reed wrote:

We have been looking at this today, the challenge is replicating the issue. We have not encountered the problem on the test account. I also used my personal account (in Toronto) and had no problems. Our call center volumes from Toronto are also not out of the ordinary and our reps have not raised this as a red flag. That doesn't mean we don't have something wonky going on, with some accounts for one train or another. We are looking at the individual accounts now that we were able to capture and try to draw some conclusion by looking to see if there is a patten of some sort. Thanks for your insight though hoping to get some answer later today.
Userlevel 2
James Reed wrote:

Any updates on this?
James Reed wrote:

Not working in Nova Scotia either, and I would rather not be charged to make the change with a call
Badge +4
James Reed wrote:

If it's something that is beyond your control (such as this), then there's no charge for the call. Just explain to the rep what's going on and they should be able to help make the change. Just to be certain, confirm with the rep that you are not getting charged for the call.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
James Reed wrote:

@ infamousone Still trying to find a pattern, have not yet found root cause.

@Jason I see you changed plans today, what were you trying to add that didn't seem to work?
James Reed wrote:

The $20 Unlimited Anytime Minutes add on to that same plan/phone #,
My add on screen looks that same as posted above.
Userlevel 2
James Reed wrote:

Since the app says 'no financial data', I wonder if removing pre-authorized payments and adding them back may fix the problem(s)?
Just checked this morning, and it finally works.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Roche wrote:

Just checked this morning, and it finally works.

Awesome ! Glad to hear it's all good now