Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Activating Pre Paid Sim Card Need Help Urgently

I just bought a Koodo sim card for my unlocked iphone 6 at the mall today. I paid $90 for the prepaid cards with an add on. The guy at the shop told me to activate the sim online. When I try to activate the sim, it asks for a payment method near the end? Why is it doing this? I've already paid!! On the receipt it gave me a pin number and a serial number but I literally cannot find anywhere where i can input these things on the website to activate the sim. This is beyond frustrating, can someone help?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you able to call customer service from another phone? If so, please call:

I'll try, though I think I'm just going to get a refund. Apparently from what I've learned, you're supposed to get a signal when you put the sim card in the phone. However with my iPhone it says 'no service'. I turned the 3G on, still no luck, then I backed up my phone and restored it and still nothing. So I have reason to believe that the sim card is faulty which sucks because I really needed it today. Not exactly impressed 😕
Userlevel 5
Tarik wrote:

I'll try, though I think I'm just going to get a refund. Apparently from what I've learned, you'r...

when selecting payment option at the end, you need to select top up vouchers. you should have a receipt or a couple with a 12 digit pin number its in bold .
Tarik wrote:

I'll try, though I think I'm just going to get a refund. Apparently from what I've learned, you'r...

Okay my bad, I did follow through and apparently 'activate the sim' clicked finish and it reverted me back to the login screen. Still no signal on the phone and no confirmation email. The email I used to activate the sim for some reason won't allow me to login either. Says 'email doesn't exists' ??? it's like one problem after another
Tarik wrote:

omg!
Tarik wrote:

it worked. I'm sorry
Tarik wrote:

I'm a huge noob, just restarted the phone and it works
Tarik wrote:

sorry sorry
Tarik wrote:

thank you!
Userlevel 4
Tarik wrote:

That's awesome ! Glad you got it going. Just so you know that when you buy a top up card for prepaid they are non refundable and I believe SIM cards are too.
Userlevel 6
We are glad to see it's working now, Tarik! Welcome to Koodo Mobile 🙂 Have a great day! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.