Koodo Community

Community

Solved

activating phone bought from koodo online

I just upgraded my phone online to take advantage of the $50 bill credit. When I go to self serve and go to change phone a message comes up saying : Online changes of this service have been suspended. Call 611 from your phone or 1-866-995-6636 and we’ll help you make the updates. The service fee will be waived..I was just wondering if I would be able to go to my local Koodo kiosk and get it activated there instead or do I have to do it over the phone. It's an iphone 5s and has a different size sim than my old phone so I cant just put old sim in my new phone.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They can definitely activate it at the kiosk. You'll most likely have to pay for the new sim though. (this would be the case anyway). Just remind them that the service charges should be waived since you can't swap online right now.
Thanks for the reply. I actually have a sim card that was sent with the phone as well. Also would my phone number and plan stay the same once my new phone is activated? Kind of new at all of this stuff 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
arowanlg wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I actually have a sim card that was sent with the phone as well. Also would...

Your phone number and plan will remain exactly the same. The only thing that changes in koodo's system is the sim card number.
Ok great. Thanks!