Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Activated plan earlier this month and then same plan doubled.

I activated a fourth line on my account earlier this month and it's the same plan that has now had doubled minutes and data. I'd like to know either if it will be automatically updated to the promotion or if I can do this on self serve. I tried to change the plan but the koodo site won't let me as it says that I have already changed the plan once this month - which is not the case. I haven't even received my first bill yet.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Ken, I'm pretty sure you won't be upgraded automatically. I don't think you can change it in self service either, since it's still in the same month. Your best best would be to call Koodo (*611) and explain your situation... they might be kind enough to upgrade you or in the worst case charge $10 to do so... but you'll definitely benefit from changing your plan!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well, because you just opened your account, it's as if you changed your plan. This is why it won't let you change it. Usually, if you call there won't be any charge (talking by experience). So give it a try as Sophia said.
Userlevel 6
It looks like there is no expiry date on the promo so it will likely be available for some time so you can change it a few days later.
Userlevel 2
Chris Petersens wrote:

It looks like there is no expiry date on the promo so it will likely be available for some time s...

There's never an end date on promotions. They are subject to change at any time, which is why it's recommended to take advantage of it asap.
Thanks for the feedback. I called in and was able to upgrade the plan and reset my self serve password. All at no cost! Good news, everyone!
Userlevel 6
Ken wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. I called in and was able to upgrade the plan and reset my self serve pa...

Hmmm....normally they charge for changing plans through their call center since you can do it yourself. Did they waive that for you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ken wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. I called in and was able to upgrade the plan and reset my self serve pa...

Well, in a situation like this one where you've just created your account or changed your plan and a promo came out the same month, they waive the fee.
Userlevel 2
Ken wrote:

It's up to the agent's discretion to waive the fee. Under normal circumstance, the fee would apply, but again, up to the agent.
Ken wrote:

Fee was waived after an attempt by me to change the plan in self serve. Since it wouldn't allow it the agent justified the waived charge.
Userlevel 2
Ken wrote:

That would be it then. The fee is waived if there's any issue with Self Serve.