Koodo Community
Solved

Acoount closing

I left Canada on 31st October, 2018. Before leaving, I sent a message to *611 to close my account. I received a return message saying that my account will be closed. Today I checked my account and it seems that Koodo is still deducting money from my credit card. I can not call them as I am out Canada. What is the process of closing my account permanently and getting my money reimbursed?
Does Koodo have any email address where I can write my situation elaborately?
Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Mats 16 January 2019, 20:00

Do you have a postpaid or prepaid account?

If it's prepaid just remove auto topups and then once your base plan isn't active for 90 days the account will close. That is the only way to cancel prepaid unless you port the number out which will close the account.

For postpaid you have to call them and talk to someone to cancel a account. Since you're out of the country you can call 1-647-788-4337 from a landline or a VoIP app.

View original

2 replies

Badge +4
Do you have a postpaid or prepaid account?

If it's prepaid just remove auto topups and then once your base plan isn't active for 90 days the account will close. That is the only way to cancel prepaid unless you port the number out which will close the account.

For postpaid you have to call them and talk to someone to cancel a account. Since you're out of the country you can call 1-647-788-4337 from a landline or a VoIP app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do note that when you cancel your service you will be sent one final bill. Are you sure that the charge from Koodo wasnt just your final bill?
Or have you recieved multiple bills since you cancelled?